Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2004   #1
astrofan
Veteran

Question Trotter

If Trotter gets cut June 1, would we be interested?

How does contract/salary work for these "cap casualties"?

I have read so much speculation about the LB lineup

Would we be better or worse with Jamie and Trotter up the middle and a Babin/Peek/Wong combo on the outside.

I know very little about defensive schemes, but it seems that at the very least it would take a little heat off the "Payne and pray for rain" depth at NT we are looking at right now.

I would start in on what it would allow us to do on third down passing situations, but the blood is draining from my brain...
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I wonder if we have the cap room to get him.
Old 04-30-2004   #3
clandestin
Veteran

I wouldn't be especially high on the signing astrofan, based on salary cap and the fact that I don't see a huge need there. In the 3-4 I just don't think two dominant ILBS gets you nearly as much as two dominant OLBS do. As an offshoot, I'm not quite as negative on foreman as some. I think he's a solid player--not great, but solid.

I think foreman's a guy that performs when his DL keeps guys off of him. Jonathan Vilma was described in a similar way before the draft, and even Brian Urlacher saw his production fall when the DL in front of him was down-graded. I'm in sort of a wait and see mode for our LB core, I think that by the end of 2004 we'll have a much better idea as to where our D stands.

In terms of post June 1 free-agency, I would look for solid depth at NT, reasonably-priced depth at ILB (as opposed to a new starter,) and perhaps a #2/#3 WR if a great deal can be had.
clandestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I also don't think the Texans will be looking for another ILB (unless they can sign him cheap). Sharper is great, Foreman did o.k., and everyone says they would like to move Wong inside. So I don't see us making a run at him if he becomes available.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #5
BigTex
Rookie

As Of The moment I think CC has the linebacking core he wants, I Don't see him making a run at another LB. I think Peek, Babin, Wong, Sharper and company are just who he wants this season
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
As Of The moment I think CC has the linebacking core he wants, I Don't see him making a run at another LB. I think Peek, Babin, Wong, Sharper and company are just who he wants this season
Yup.

Babin Foreman Sharper Wong
Peek Foreman Sharper Clemons
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read