Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2004   #1
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl Dark Horse

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3091328

THought this was interesting. Not really to be taken seriously although it would be nice to. Just good to see people starting to take notice.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #2
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's tap the breaks on that one a bit, but as the Titans (crushers of the Pack at Lambeau just a week ago) learned on Sunday the Texans can come into your joint and smack you around a bit if need be.
I don't care what our record is, I will never get tired of reading that.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I am curious as to how Chris Brown of the Titans will do after that big hit he got from Simmons. There are quite a bit of running backs in the past that have come off to a great start and then after they got smacked one good time they never ended up being the running back they used to be ie...Ickey Woods and Ronnie Lott.

I never really thought Brown was that good but that his Oline was very good. That still says alot for our dline this week because they played the run well against that oline.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

very encouraging words kinda makes me feel good about what the media is asying FOR ONCE !!!! Now lets smack around jacksonville when they come to reliant and then see what they say about the SUPRISE team this year !!! Thinking playoffs for us already ??? Hope they dony jinx us !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #5
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I am curious as to how Chris Brown of the Titans will do after that big hit he got from Simmons. There are quite a bit of running backs in the past that have come off to a great start and then after they got smacked one good time they never ended up being the running back they used to be ie...Ickey Woods and Ronnie Lott.

I never really thought Brown was that good but that his Oline was very good. That still says alot for our dline this week because they played the run well against that oline.
I watched RB Chris Brown a lot in college and I think he's the real deal. He does need to prove he can stay healthy but he's a stud when he is. He hits the hole a lot quicker than Eddie George did his final few years with the Titans and at 6-3 220 with sub 4.5 speed he's pretty impressive. Had you seen him score those six (6) td's against then Big 12 power-house Nebraska I'm sure your opinion of him would differ. If he has a problem, it's that at 6-3 he does ran tall which opens him up for hits not unlike the one he took Sunday against us.
Old 10-19-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Myself, I enjoyed this one:

"The Titans are now a fourth-place doormat, while the Texans are a third-place contender."

That quote alone was worth the price of admission in my book.
Old 10-19-2004   #7
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Myself, I enjoyed this one:

"The Titans are now a fourth-place doormat, while the Texans are a third-place contender."

That quote alone was worth the price of admission in my book.
As far as you can be enjoying Houston's win over our team.

Houston still has many things to prove.

And that one, is to prove that Houston isn't coursed, because until this time Houstonian teams haven't appeared on a Super Bowl or World Series. :hehe:
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2004   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
And that one, is to prove that Houston isn't coursed, because until this time Houstonian teams haven't appeared on a Super Bowl or World Series.
And how many PROFESSIONAL championships does your city have in it's history?

ummm...0!! <---zero

I'll take our two BACK-TO-BACK NBA Championships over your Superbowl appearance any day. So you had the number one loser in the NFL one year. So?!

You got our leftovers with the Oilers...errr...Titans (sorry, they still have smurf blue, you can change the outside, but we'll never forget they kept the 35-3 choke in the franchise's history books). Have fun with them!

Meanwhile, we have a first class city that is host to three winning franchises, and the future looks bright!
Old 10-19-2004   #9
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
And how many PROFESSIONAL championships does your city have in it's history?

ummm...0!! <---zero

I'll take our two BACK-TO-BACK NBA Championships over your Superbowl appearance any day. So you had the number one loser in the NFL one year. So?!

You got our leftovers with the Oilers...errr...Titans (sorry, they still have smurf blue, you can change the outside, but we'll never forget they kept the 35-3 choke in the franchise's history books). Have fun with them!

Meanwhile, we have a first class city that is host to three winning franchises, and the future looks bright!
How many championships we have?

At least 2 AFC South ones...and we have one AFC championship...remember we already went to a Super Bowl in the '99 season? We defeated Indy at Indy and the Jags at Jacksonville in those play-offs.

Meanwhile...Houston didn't wanted the Oilers to stay, since the City denied the chance to build a NEW stadium for them under request...so all my frustrations stopped there, since the Titans had won the division, as I already said...went to a SB already (because the Oilers never were able to do so). And you can add that we have been the winningest team in the past 5 seasons, our QB is a co-MVP...Chris Brown our RB now a days, is the second best in the NFL.

Houston is hosting three winning franchises? who they are, and what they had earned so far? Beacuse at the time, not even the Astros, Texans or Rockets have done something like that.

The Rockets did something when Barkley was playing there...but they never won on final series..or they did?

Meanwhile, the course that is for sure that tortures Houstonian teams...is still doing its work until the contrary happens.
Old 10-19-2004   #10
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I don't care what our record is, I will never get tired of reading that.
Just a victory...I am sure that you feel Houston just won the SB or something. :woot

Oh well...it is good that you feel so enthusiastic with that.

The best times are still to come, when Houston becomes a true play-off contender...because I doubt the Titans will stop being one.
Old 10-19-2004   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
Just a victory...I am sure that you feel Houston just won the SB or something. :woot

Oh well...it is good that you feel so enthusiastic with that.

The best times are still to come, when Houston becomes a true play-off contender...because I doubt the Titans will stop being one.
YEs we feel the same way yall did after you guys smaked around green bay but i do remember yall talking play offs after that game if i'm not mistaken !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read