Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2004   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default David or Joey?

And to think that only 3 years ago this was contemplated by our brass. Thank goodness we have Carr...the man seems to be getting better and better with each game. Not only are his numbers getting better, but the kid finally knows how to win the games at the end. We are an offinsive lineman away from doing some real damage. Great job Texans, from day one.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #2
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

And to think that this is a "expansion" team. Things will only get better as time goes on. I have more faith in this tteam now than I ever did with that other Houston team.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I will take Carr over Harrington every time. It was a good choice.

By the way...... Carr is better :hehe:
Ditto. I think Harrington is going to be a fine NFL quarterback if he gets some consistency in his offensive system up there (which they seem to be doing with Mariucci after the BoBo who was coaching them) but I don't doubt for a moment that we've got the better of the two. Same with AJ versus Charles Rogers. We got the better pick both times IMO.
Old 10-18-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr - future pro bowl QB

Joey Harrington - future journeyman QB
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #5
Ranger98
Rookie

I know it's just one game and not a fair comparison. But who said anything about fair.

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac Rate

Herrington
VS. GB 1 23 12 52.2 101 4.39 28 1 1 4 33.3 2 1 60.2

Carr
VS. TEN 1 26 16 61.5 266 10.23 47 1 1 14 87.5 6 2 92.8

Ranger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #6
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

I liked David Carr better than Joey Harrington coming out of college and I'm pleased to say I still do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read