Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2004   #1
texans70

Exclamation your choice of players

whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

Whos going to be the go to guy?????

Do think the draft picks made a mark on the team will they step up?:??????

i wont to here your opinoin!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by texans70; 05-15-2004 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans70
whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

Do think the draft picks made a mark on the team will they step up?
Are you serious about the Carr/Banks thing, Go-to guy is AJ, and I see Babin having a good year.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #3
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

banks-carr??

there is no competition here, its carr's job no doubt about that
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #4
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems the Carr / Banks dilemna is overshadowing the REAL question - Domanick Davis, or Jonathan Wells?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

First of all there is no QB controversy, Carr will start.

DD and AJ will be the 2 go to guys.

Dunta will have his bumps just like any rookie CB but will play solid enough, and Babin will have a big impact on the pass rush(7 or more sacks).
Old 05-15-2004   #6
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
...the REAL question - Domanick Davis, or Jonathan Wells?
No way! The RB battle/delema that might develope could be between Davis and Hollings. Davis is #1 going into training camp. But if Hollings can cure his fumblitis, and can learn to hit the holes, and find the running lanes, who do you start? I've never been a fan of rotating players, but this would probably be the short term solution for this upcoming season. But would Hollings' speed and break-away threat give him the long term advantage over Davis?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he was being sarcastic with the DD/Wells comment. As in, saying there is a QB controversy between Carr and Banks is like saying there is an RB controversy between DD and Wells.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19
No way! The RB battle/delema that might develope could be between Davis and Hollings. Davis is #1 going into training camp. But if Hollings can cure his fumblitis, and can learn to hit the holes, and find the running lanes, who do you start? I've never been a fan of rotating players, but this would probably be the short term solution for this upcoming season. But would Hollings' speed and break-away threat give him the long term advantage over Davis?
I love Hollings and his homerun threat speed, if he can stop fumbling he should atleast challenge for playing time (I have been a big Hollings supportor). Should be intresting to watch in camp

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004   #9
TERROR DOME
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Holling could out produce DD in preseason, but guess who will start? DD! Thats right. DD is a special runner, he runs with patience and that what separates him from Hollings.

Plus DD was the 2003 Rookie of the year w/ an O.K. front line. Now with the edition of wade I can only imagine what he will do with a full season,because he was injured for some part of last year.
TERROR DOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
It seems the Carr / Banks dilemna is overshadowing the REAL question - Domanick Davis, or Jonathan Wells?

Good post. Why can't we have more threads like this?

My sleeper at running back is James Allen. I think he will come out of retirement.

I also believe that we will waive David Carr and get Cryin Leaf as our QB of the future.
Old 05-21-2004   #11
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
My sleeper at running back is James Allen. I think he will come out of retirement.
That would be too bad if James Allen came back I was just getting into his rap career.
Old 05-15-2004   #12
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans70
:: whos do you think going to win the battle at QB:

Banks or carr

Wow! I mean wow.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i wont to here your opinoin!!!!!!!!!
You wont get any reply but Carr is the Man
Old 05-15-2004   #14
TexasAggie
Rookie

Thumbs up

On my roster Banks does not make the final cut. Most teams love having 2 quality RBs Davis & Hollings. Just think of what we have if Hollings was to beat out Davis. Will that happen probably not, but what if? JMO
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #15
profan
Veteran

Carr won the QB battle when he was drafted #1 in 2002.
AJ will be the go to guy
profan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read