Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2004   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Sign Kendrick Starling - WR San Jose State

The Texans have signed Kendrick Starling - a very interesting wide receiver from San Jose State. He sounds like he has exceptional talent, but may also have some attitude issues.

Link - draftdaddy.com

Profile - www.nflfans.com, sportsillustrated.cnn.com

Last edited by MojoMan; 04-30-2004 at 08:48 AM.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

It sounds like a wait and see type. I wonder if they ask him to play in NFLE for a year? They sure do have alot of WR's right now.
Old 04-30-2004   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he was a steal. He will be this years, McCariens. He has a good tall frame. He could be a real gem in my book.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan
The Texans have signed Kendrick Starling - a very interesting wide receiver from San Jose State. He sounds like he has exceptional talent, but may also have some attitude issues.
If the attitude issues were real problem, I don't think the Texans would have signed him. DC and CC like the high character players.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

this kid can play...surprised he was drafted...could be a steal...like how casserly and company are trying hard to find these diamonds in the rough can't get enough of this dancing banana
Old 04-30-2004   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
can't get enough of this dancing banana

I liked that...that was funny, LOL! :p It is cool looking!
Old 04-30-2004   #7
BigTex
Rookie

Kendrick Starling's draft stock was rising b4 the draft but 4 somereason no team took a chance on him. Now I cannot get my hopes up on the kid being the next Randy Moss LMFAO, but he does have the potential to be a great WR in the NFL. I saw him play ONE game on T.V. I saw 2 maybe 3 catches out of him, the 4th throw was a routine pass that he just DROPPED. Now if he plans on being a texan he has alot of work to do, we all know if you drop routine passes around here you might not be a texan 4 long. Just to give Keyfro some intertainment LoL
Old 04-30-2004   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

hey what can i say it's funny to me...but sterling could very well be a great find for us...kid has the talent to have been a first day reciever...probably in any other draft he would have been...he had a injury plagued season last year and his attitude issues i believe are towards rehab...well he's gonna have to get over that cause capers won't stand for a guy like that...but he might have given casserly something to believe that he's changed for the better...so best of hopes for the kid...let's see what he can do...and yes here he is again
Old 04-30-2004   #9
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya'll (I can't make myself type you all, sorry) are gonna have to quit putting the banana up there, everytime I see him, I have to get up and do the "Banana"

I have read about his attitude, but I have not seen any examples of his attitude. Just what kind of bad attitude does he have?
Chance_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #10
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, nothing should bring a guy down a humility more than getting ignored in the draft, right?

If he IS a jerk, that should bear out quickly...especially because quiet, hard workers like AJ will add to the contrast.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #11
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

man...did this thread throw me for a loop....
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #12
trane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan

Link - draftdaddy.com

Profile - www.nflfans.com, sportsillustrated.cnn.com
Hasn't this guy been in the Texans camp before and got cut??? What's the big deal about bringing him back.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trane
Hasn't this guy been in the Texans camp before and got cut??? What's the big deal about bringing him back.
This thread is two years old. You quoted a post from 04-29-2004. Also, most of us can read the normal font.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
This thread is two years old. You quoted a post from 04-29-2004. Also, most of us can read the normal font.

Speak for your self Vinny... his post is actually the very first post I've ever been able to read on these boards... after all this time.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Don't do that! I kept thinking I jumped to archive. I got dizzy...oooh my head!
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read