Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2004   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Armstrong

How long until either Gaffney or Bradford lose their starting spot to armstrong? I see Bradford going first because he hasn't made that many plays and is a free agent at the end of the year.

Armstrong is taking Bradfords money with each game this year.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #2
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Don't think Gaffney has anything to worry about, but, yeah, I would think that Armstrong is singing Bradford's swan song with this team.
Old 10-10-2004   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

with the catches he keeps making.. I wish they would put him in right now.

Bradford is fast.. but apparently not fast enough cause he had a few passes come today that he just couldnt get under.

Armstrong Gaffney and Johnson just sounds great... throw in Bradford in those 4 wide receiver formations to give us another downfield threat.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #4
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Armstrong was awesome today. He can pull in some really tough passes.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #5
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Armstrong made some amazing catches and I'm really impressed how surehanded he is... great game despite the loss
Old 10-10-2004   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

What does he have to do to get more playing time? He's great out there!!
Armstrong and Starling both impressed me early on .. however Starling sits on the practice squad and I think it's a shame.
Talent being wasted.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldnt be surprised to see Bradford gone next season.. with Johnson Gaffney and Armstrong starting.. and Starling taking the 4th WR spot.

Starling is pretty fast isnt he? seems like he could become our new Corey Bradford.

Bradford has been great for us.. but honestly there is something wrong.

look at the last two teams we have played.

The Raiders had Joey Porter.. who required extra attention.. and so because teams have to watch Porter so closely.. Ronald Curry is having a great season.

With the Vikings.. they have Randy Moss.. one of the greatest WRs ever to play. ANd because he requires alot of attention.. Marcus Robinson is having a great season.

now look at us.. Andre Johnson is probably THE BEST young WR in the NFL.. he requires extra attention.. and because of that, bradford is having a great season... no wait that isnt right.. Gaffney is having a great season.. nooo.. that isnt right either.

We have Johnson getting alot of attention.. what we dont have is another good receiver exploiting that. I think Armstrong could be that guy.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2004   #8
frye
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
How long until either Gaffney or Bradford lose their starting spot to armstrong? I see Bradford going first because he hasn't made that many plays and is a free agent at the end of the year.

Armstrong is taking Bradfords money with each game this year.
I agree i think if armstorng keeps this up he will start by next season
frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

The general feeling seems to be for us to let Bradford go and promote Armstrong after this season. I don't know if the coaches agree or not, but if they do I think this is a move that shold be made immediately. Why wait to move Armstrong up? They should just do it now, and see how he responds. If he does not pan out, then they can make it more of a priority to re-sign Bradford.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
The general feeling seems to be for us to let Bradford go and promote Armstrong after this season. I don't know if the coaches agree or not, but if they do I think this is a move that shold be made immediately. Why wait to move Armstrong up? They should just do it now, and see how he responds. If he does not pan out, then they can make it more of a priority to re-sign Bradford.
I like that idea. Players on this team need to know this team is ready to win and if you're not going to fit the bill to become an ingredient in our winning formula, you will be gone.

I also think another approach to this is to use the 4 wideout set more often. Our receivers are good, even Bradford. If we utilize the 4 wideout set more often, we can get one of our boys lined up against a very unequivalent player. 3rd and 5s or 3rd and 8s should be when we use that offense. I don't just want to see it at the end of a half or when we need points at the end of the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

here is the Texans recieving stats to date this season .....

Andre Johnson 29/525/18.1/4
D. Davis 21/211/10.0/0
D.Armstrong 13/212/16.3/1
J.Gaffney 12/152/12.7/1
C.Bradford 9/98/10.9/1

When will we see Armstrong take some of Bradfords playing time ....... looks to me we already have . Bradford was the 3rd-4th option in GreenBay and should be no more than that here , he does have speed to burn but the rest of his game is ...... lacking . D.Armstrong is looking pretty good this season , lets hope he can keep it up for the full season and take some of the defensive preassure off of A.J.
Both A.J.and Armstrong had over 100 recieving yards yesterday ..... a Texans first.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say let Armstrong and Bradford battle it out for the rest of the season. If Armstrong proves himself, I say let him take Bradford's spot next season. I am thinking that Bradford might step his game up soon since he is in his last year of his contract though.

Last edited by texan279; 10-11-2004 at 02:59 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #13
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I was thinking Bradford would step up his game too, but my goodness just watching the games Armstrong has CLEARLY been the number 2 reciever. I cannot remember him dropping 1 ball. the 4th and goal from the 11 yard line catch in the back of the endzone was amazing.

Bradford has yet to catch 1 critical ball. I know it has alot to do with Carr, but Armstrong is who he has rythm with.

How fast is Armstrong? what kind of contract situation does he have? i think finding these diamonds in the rough are what allows a team to build a strong team for the future cause then the money we save from letting Bradford walk can go to an offensive lineman or defensive lineman or some other position we are looking to fill.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read