Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2004   #1
JDTexan
Rookie

Default David Carr is a stud! PERIOD!

I'm tired of all this whining about how he hasn't shown growth and he hasn't stepped up, etc....

Today he showed what he was made of. He has a great arm, great poise (even under pressure) and he's a tough son of a gun. He was getting beat down all day and he still stepped up.

The only thing holding this guy back is some questionable offensive play calling. If you open this offense up, he will shine.

Give him his props. Carr is da man!
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #2
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Well Said

JD is right on the money. I have ALWAYS rooted for Carr...and believed he was going to be an NFL-Stud. But his individual performance today was OUTSTANDING (albeit not a team victory). Carr to Johnson HAS TO send shivers down ALL defensive coordinator's spine.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

If he keeps playing like this can anyone say PRO BOWL and smae for A.J if the our team can get to just .500 I can see them 2 in it ! What was Carr's quaterback rating today ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

His QB rating was 113.7. His average for the season is 91.8, which is 5th in the AFC and 10th in the NFL.
Old 10-10-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr had nearly 300 yards passing in the second half alone.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

David played very well in the second half.

The Texans still don't play complete games though. They didn't do anything at all in the first half.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #7
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget Andre Johnson. 170 yds, 12 catches, and 2 TD's. Highlight catch after highlight catch, he just amazed me yesterday. If this keeps up they'll both be in the pro bowl.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2004   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

FIRE DAVID CARR!!!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #9
phan1
All Pro

He's awsome. But unfortunately, he won't be compared to the top QBs in the league until we put some more in the win column. Even Rothlesburger is getting more time in the spotlight, and he has a defense, a running game, good protection, and a great set of WRs to help him out. Any good QB can perform in his situation.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #10
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Rothlesburger also has been thrown into a no-lose situation. No pressure is on his shoulders. If the Steelers lose it's the coach's fault. Carr was thrown into a situation of him making the team a winner...he's definitely handled the pressure and shown what he can and will do
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #11
carrtex
Rookie

Default dc is the man

I personally think David Carr is already a top ten Qb in the league he is in the top 5 in passing and he continues to show what he is made of. If he keeps it up he could probably make the prowl bowl, but he has to get some wins under his belt
carrtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #12
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrtex
I personally think David Carr is already a top ten Qb in the league he is in the top 5 in passing and he continues to show what he is made of. If he keeps it up he could probably make the prowl bowl, but he has to get some wins under his belt
Top 5 in passing? That's great! But like you said, if you want to make it to Hawaii, you've got to win games. Seriously, does any QB make it to the probowl with anything less than an 8-8 season? Much less, does any QB make it to the probowl without making it to the playoffs?
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #13
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I agree

I'm with you. David Carr is a stud. He's really got alot of poise for such a young quarter back. Cool as a cucumber and a gun for an arm. This team is going to go places. I firmly believe it.
Old 10-11-2004   #14
Txnpride
Veteran

David should me something yesterday,after being sacked 70+ times his first year showed his toughness.....coming back from 21 down showed everybody yesterday Houston made the right pick when they chose David Carr....Great game....we just took another step even though we came out on the losing end
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

FIRE ANDRE JOHNSON!!!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #16
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

ok i'm not sure cause i havn't looked up the stats. But i'm pretty sure Carr has been the best QB for a team with a losing record this season. Most QBs have better games when their teams win... so once the rest of our team gets going imagine how much better Carr will play.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #17
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
ok i'm not sure cause i havn't looked up the stats. But i'm pretty sure Carr has been the best QB for a team with a losing record this season. Most QBs have better games when their teams win... so once the rest of our team gets going imagine how much better Carr will play.
Carr is the sixth best QB in the league as far as passer rating goes. Manning, Culpepper, Pennington, Brees, and McNabb are the only QB's rated higher. So apparently Carr is already playing like a winning QB. It's just too bad he can't stop the run or cover deep.
Old 10-11-2004   #18
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
It's just too bad he can't stop the run or cover deep.
we don't know til we put him in there.

After watching the end of the game if i had to put the blame on anyone late in the game it was the offensive line. at the end of regulation with a few seconds left we could have easily thrown a bomb to AJ, or Armstrong, who knows what would have happened with the way they were playing, but the line collapsed and Carr was sacked to end regulation. Then in our only possession in overtime Carr was knocked into his own man and sacked by the line getting taken on 3rd down. Those were our 2 best chances to win and the offensive line let us down.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he was going to be great after the 19-10 game against the Cowboys. Sure, first season, 70 something sacks to go, but he showed leadership and the never-give-up attitude that you need in your leader.

He just needed some weapons (check), a decent running game (someday), and a O-line that can give him some protection (someday).

I do believe that the Carr/Johnson combination could be one of the greatest QB/WR dynamic duos in the league. Just wait and see...and never give up hope!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read