Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2004   #1
rhc564
Veteran

Default four quarters

...somebody tell Capers it's ok to play offense in all 4 quarters
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i havent been one to gripe about the play calling but i have to agree this time. maybe they finally start to open it up next sunday.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm totally frustrated with Capers offensive strategy at this point. We don't use all our resources until we are behind 21-0. No skill position players touched the ball till the second quarter. Armstrong is a talented WR but we don't use him until we are in panic mode. Our play calling leaves the Offensive line and Carr in unwinable situations.

Mack Brown has nothing on Dom Capers.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't say that we are put in "unwinnable" situations too much but I do agree that the coaching staff needs to open it up more earlier in the game. I did not watch the first half of this game because we were down 21-0 and there was that "other game" on. Even though we played very well and all, it's one of those games that we might come back to later on and regret loosing it. The coaching staff by now should definitely have enough confidence in the offense to start attacking more instead of waiting till it's the 4th quarter.
Old 10-10-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
I won't say that we are put in "unwinnable" situations too much but I do agree that the coaching staff needs to open it up more earlier in the game.
When you have no deception in your game plan and you put your self in predictable situations I consider that poor coaching and poor gameplanning. We didn't have a single skill position player touch the ball other than Dom Davis until the second quarter, and didn't open up the offense until we were down 3 TD's. We don't even look at Armstrong until the game is in panic mode. Isn't he the same guy in the first quarter? I'm losing my patience with Capers.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #6
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i think they are just still finding the offense and what is painfully obvious to us, they just arn't ready to accept for whatever reason that we are a passing machine and we are going to generate most of the yards from Carr's arm.

We have 3 good backs to set up a running back by committee and let the hottest back take the majority of the snaps.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read