Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2004   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Props to AJ

I think people are starting to see what Defensive Cords. already knew about Andre. The man is a STUD. It was never more apparent than on the first hitch screen late in the fourth quarter. When he first made all-pro Hod-out Woodson miss him, then outruns half the defense down the sidelines and tops it off with funning over Wild Hair Buchanon. Not to mention, that catch between both Buchanons on the sideline. Every week he seems to get better and better, and the fans and the media are starting to notice it.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #2
RC4TEXANS
Rookie

Not as close as I called it . great game .
TEXANS 24
VIKINGS 03
RC4TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

dr. dre is really coming along...i see him being of the best recievers in the game here in the next season or so...this year he will get his props but not the recognition by the nation...next year though...carr to johnson will be a household sayin
Old 10-04-2004   #4
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Note the two defensive backs with their bellies pressed against the grass. Andre just trots it in, what a beast.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #5
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Nice pic but nothing beats watching it live...what a game.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #6
DavidCarr_Fan8
Rookie

I am glad he is getting a lot of credit here, on ESPN he doesn't get very much credit, I say he is underrated, because he is a great young receiver that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

www.PigSkinHeaven.com
DavidCarr_Fan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCarr_Fan8
I am glad he is getting a lot of credit here, on ESPN he doesn't get very much credit, I say he is underrated, because he is a great young receiver that doesn't get mentioned a lot.
Some people agree with you: PFWs Question of the Week - Who is underrated???
Quote:
PFW Seahawks correspondent Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune:
“How about WR Andre Johnson of Houston? He hasn't been given enough credit for as productive as he's been so far in his career. Through his first 19 games, he has more catches than Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Tim Brown and Cris Carter had in their first 19 games. Anquan Boldin and Roy Williams have made bigger splashes on the national scene, but Johnson has been very good.”
and
Quote:
PFW associate editor Mike Wilkening:
“I can't pick just one player. Bengals WR Peter Warrick means so much to the Cincinnati attack. He's one of the league's best possession receivers, in my book. Texans WR Andre Johnson is on the cusp of huge things. In the NFC, Saints QB Aaron Brooks gets a lot of criticism because he's not perceived to be as strong a leader as other players at the position, but he's cut down on his turnovers and is getting better and better. Also, don't overlook speedy Eagles TE L.J. Smith.”
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...tion100204.htm

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2004   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is inarguably one of the most physically gifted atheletes in all of the NFL.
But he's not just a physical freak, he is highly motivated and therefor a very
hard worker. He is also a true football player - he seeks contact with the
opponent across the line of scrimmage in almost the same manner as Earl Cambell did. His potential is virtually unlimited. To think that some short little
4th round pick from LSU (or anyone else in the RB corps), should get higher
billing in our O than DC throwing to AJ is downright comical.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is "The Silent Assasin". He just kills ya and then says nothing and goes about his business.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am damn proud to have his jersey. He looks like gold.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #11
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
short little 4th round pick from LSU
ouch, that seems a little harsh to me. davis was our first 1,000 yd back and it only makes sense to accept the fumbles as flukes thus far. not arguing your point though, i think we should try db's more with screens/stop route's to andre because he has been a monster in the open field and is always a mismatch one on one. i love how he always intiates contact when racking up his YAC and every time i've seen him get tackled on a slant/post he gets up looking frustrated because he didn't score. he's quiet but his play is louder than any joe horn/TO celebration. with this progress it's not hard imagine carr/johnson in the same conversations as manning/harrison....gotta love being a texan fan
Old 10-05-2004   #12
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am damn proud to have his jersey
For some reason I don't have a jersey yet, but his will be the first one I buy, followed closely by Carr's. I liked AJ from the start. Any rookie that stays away from any (gosh, I can't think of the word) "money deals" for a year, is fine by me, and people like that are so few and far between. He is a true professional, and I do like to see the intensity that he brings. Carr is just as professional, and I am glad they are on "my team". But hell, I love them all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read