Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-28-2004   #1
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer
Default Georgia vs LSU

This should be a great game and I hope some of you watch it. There are a few players in this game we may want to draft come April. Watch out for Thomas Davis.

Corey Webster(CB), LSU
Marcus Spears (DE), LSU
Thomas Davis (FS), UGA
Ben Wilkerson (C), LSU
Old 09-29-2004   #2
LSUTIGER
Rookie

Yea it will be. Im heading up to Athens on friday for it. SEC rivalry games are far and beyond any other. Especially this one. Oh by the way you have it all wrong, that is the best mascot in college football.
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
LSUTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Georgia wins this year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Go Tigers .. I just love LSU.
They won me over about 12 years ago with their exciting home games and the enthusiasm around Baton Rouge.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The three biggest rivalries in college football IMO are:

(in no particular order)
Michigan/Ohio State
Texas/OU
Alabama/Auburn

Princeton/Yale and Army/Navy get honorable mention but are not on the list merely because their teams suck every year.

Anyone else that claims their rivalry game is bigger just doesn't know what they are talking about.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #6
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a LSU fan since the days of Billy Cannon. That goes back a lot of years. My dad's favorite player when I was small was Steve Van Buren from the Eagles. He when to LSU. That is what got me started. I have lived in the Philly area most of my life and have never been to La. Would like to see the school someday. Only know one other guy up here that is a LSU fan. Everything up here is Penn State or Notre Dame Don't like either one. The SEC is the best around (personal thinking only). Should be a great game. GO TIGERS!!!
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #7
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I grew up (Cleveland) with the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry a permanent part of my life. It was a week long ritual of non-stop game preparation... and then it was a year long boasting or vowing to overthrow the next year. It never ended! I swear both states come to a halt that Saturday of the game. It's bigger then Christmas.

LSU has become my other college team. The game atmosphere in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night is beyond words. They put on a show!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2004   #8
LSUTIGER
Rookie

Default Are you kidding me?

You are actually going to throw UT vs. OU as one of the greatest rivalries? That is ridiculous. Look im from Texas, and I am not claiming any of LSU's games as the greatest of rivalries but you shouldnt claim UT OU as one of the top three either. I've been to the red river shootout before and it isnt that impressive. It might be UT's biggest rival cause they get beaten every year, but if you want to go back in history OU's biggest football rival is Nebraska. I will give you the other two even though both Auburn and Alabama are sh** holes, but no way is UT OU up there. Heck your Army vs Navy rivalry in honerable mention is a bigger rival. You cant live in the last 5 years to determine a football rivalry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
The three biggest rivalries in college football IMO are:

(in no particular order)
Michigan/Ohio State
Texas/OU
Alabama/Auburn

Princeton/Yale and Army/Navy get honorable mention but are not on the list merely because their teams suck every year.

Anyone else that claims their rivalry game is bigger just doesn't know what they are talking about.
LSUTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #9
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTIGER
You are actually going to throw UT vs. OU as one of the greatest rivalries? That is ridiculous. Look im from Texas, and I am not claiming any of LSU's games as the greatest of rivalries but you shouldnt claim UT OU as one of the top three either. I've been to the red river shootout before and it isnt that impressive. It might be UT's biggest rival cause they get beaten every year, but if you want to go back in history OU's biggest football rival is Nebraska. I will give you the other two even though both Auburn and Alabama are sh** holes, but no way is UT OU up there. Heck your Army vs Navy rivalry in honerable mention is a bigger rival. You cant live in the last 5 years to determine a football rivalry.
Um...no. If you ask any ou fan they'll tell you Texas is their first and foremost rival. Bigger than former Big8 foe Nebraska and bigger than in-state upstart OSU.

Texas losing the last four is irrelevant. They won a string of four in a row before they lost four in a row. So it goes both ways. Texas also holds a sizable lead in the overall series (55-37-5).

As an LSU fan it's not surprising you weren't impressed. What interest would you have in it? I'm pretty sure if I went to the World's Largest Cocktail Party I wouldn't think much of it either. I consider Alabama/Auburn to be a great rivalry. But that doesn't mean I'd be enthralled with what went on during that week.

The game is played at a neutral site every year. Half-way between each school.
The stadium is divided in half by their fan bases.
Most of the kids playing in the game also played against each other in high school.
They have played each other 97 times. Many times, both were ranked in the top 10.
They have 10 National titles between them.

But yeah, it'd be ridiculous to mention it as one of the greatest rivalries in the country.

If you can mention another rivalry that consists of all of that (I realize some have at least one of those characteristics), I'd like to hear it.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read