Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2004   #1
knbjr40
Rookie

Default Wells

I thought Wells played a great game after DD went out.Also we need to draft a left tackle early next year.If Carr had some time.......look out!
knbjr40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Played well what all did he do ??? he converted a 2pt conversion and had a 3 yrd avg. per carry, but ATLEAST he didnt turn the ball over !!! Think D.D will be ready for next Sunday ? I hope so cause we do need or compliment at RB even though we played "alright" without him !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #3
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Wells had a nice game, no way around it.
Old 09-26-2004   #4
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Wells didn't put up big numbers, but he got the yards when they counted the most.

This was his first real action of the season and he showed alot of improvement. he also looked big.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #5
compy75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Wells didn't put up big numbers, but he got the yards when they counted the most.

This was his first real action of the season and he showed alot of improvement. he also looked big.
He did, didn't he? I was like whoa, I don't remember him being that large both height and weight. He was definitely servicable. Curious to see DD's status for next week? Any reports of the severity?
compy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

wells cant turn the corner fast enough and is lag on hitting the holes. he did good today but wells is not the answer at rb. with dd's performance this year these guys are making me long for a kayjay williams or ced benson.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #7
BWPaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knbjr40
I thought Wells played a great game after DD went out.Also we need to draft a left tackle early next year.If Carr had some time.......look out!
And more, not only left tackle, but a center, a right guard and multiple backups. The next draft better concentrate on Line! both D and O-Lines.

Its starts with the lines and if CC does not spend the majortiy on line help next year, we will be a .500 team for years to come.

Line Line Line Line HELP!!!!

Give me a Muchak and Matthews, please God, just give me a Muchak and Matthews!
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2004   #8
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

so who are the top offensive line prospects for next year's drafts? I feel like our defensive line is better than they are playing. The pass rush comes mainly from the linebackers, and they have applied more pressure to opposing QBs in each game. We got 3 sacks in this game which i think is the most for the season or within 1.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
The pass rush comes mainly from the linebackers, and they have applied more pressure to opposing QBs in each game. We got 3 sacks in this game which i think is the most for the season or within 1.
It is the most thus far in the season. They had 1 against SD, and then 2 against Detroit, and finally 3 against the Cheifs. If this trend continues we could have 16 sacks in a game by the end of the year.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #10
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWPaint
And more, not only left tackle, but a center, a right guard and multiple backups. The next draft better concentrate on Line! both D and O-Lines.

Its starts with the lines and if CC does not spend the majortiy on line help next year, we will be a .500 team for years to come.

Line Line Line Line HELP!!!!

Give me a Muchak and Matthews, please God, just give me a Muchak and Matthews!
I agree, the love affair with "inside skinny" Steve McKinney should be over, and we need to address his weaknesses as well as.............ah nuts, the entire O-line!!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read