Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2004   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default Hope the O-line does better next game...

Hey, I'm very happy we won, but we always have to evaluate what was good and what was bad. Our O-line got their hands full against the Kansas City D! That doesn't looks too good. Hopefully we'll do better on that next game. Carr had a whole lot of pressure on him and DD had no-where to run. I'm very glad our skill players were able to make due and get the job done. Carr finally shows us that he can make big plays when we need them!

Last edited by phan1; 09-26-2004 at 04:46 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #2
profan
Veteran

Oline play was really dissapointing. KC's defense has been under a lot of pressure this past week and really stepped up. DC had no time. What a difference between the two offensive lines. We need alot of work before Jacksonville comes to town.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that Steve McKinney played an absolutely horrible game. Fred Weary clearly showed why he doesn't deserve to be a starter. All in all, they are not playing well as a cohesive unit, and I'm frankly getting tired of Carr not being given a chance to read the field as much as the other QB.

I'm hoping they show improvement as more game are played, but right now, they are not getting it done.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #4
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I thought that Steve McKinney played an absolutely horrible game.
That is happening more times than not. Instead of drafting TE's and QB's we should have been drafting his replacement.

Quote:
Fred Weary clearly showed why he doesn't deserve to be a starter. All in all, they are not playing well as a cohesive unit, and I'm frankly getting tired of Carr not being given a chance to read the field as much as the other QB.
Agreed!!!!!

Quote:
I'm hoping they show improvement as more game are played, but right now, they are not getting it done.
The Jacksonville D-line is gonna stomp their heads in if they don't wipe the drool off their chins and get to work.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

That is happening more times than not. Instead of drafting TE's and QB's we should have been drafting his replacement.

he is talking about mckinney. and he is right. thats the way the oilers were rebuilt in the 80's. they drafted o linemen. and those guys made mid level receivers look great. by giving a quarterback time. offensive lineman can make the skill player better than they really are, but the opposite is not true no matter how good those skill players are if they dont have time they look like sh**.

the texans tried to start the franchise concentrating on the oline but boselli and that right tackle(cant remember his name) didnt pan out. since then the offensive line has been an afterthought. hope that changes or carr is in for a long career.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #6
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Oline play was really dissapointing. KC's defense has been under a lot of pressure this past week and really stepped up. DC had no time. What a difference between the two offensive lines. We need alot of work before Jacksonville comes to town.
Yeah, when you looked at our O-line versus KC's O-line, the difference is like night and day. Looks like we're still stuck trying to find some O-lineman like we always have been.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read