Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2004   #1
mes311
Rookie

Default When does Carr's contract expire?

I though Carr was signed through 2007 at least. There is an article on ESPN talking about the recent youth movement in general and they say his contract is up in 2005. I posted the paragraph below because it's about halfway down.

The only downside to this seven-year quarterback bonanza is what happens when these young quarterbacks reach the end of their contracts. David Carr's contract ends in 2005. Tom Brady, Michael Vick and McNair have to renegotiated in 2006. Jake Plummer, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Plummer, Brooks and others are signed through 2007.

HTML Code:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1799423
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr cap hit the next two years...

2004: $2,733,333
2005: $7,573,333

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

David is the QB for the Texans for as long as he plays football.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #4
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
David is the QB for the Texans for as long as he plays football.
lol I sure hope so!!!!! Hopefull he'll be like Tom Brady

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd like to think Carr would stay for the duration of his playing years but who knows?

There are so many variables to pro sports these days.

I'm sure Niner fans never thought Montana would leave. The players I think have some loyalty but ultimately I've learned that they will do what is best for them 99% of the time financially.

And you can't really blame them. Their careers are short in terms of years.

It should be interesting when it does come up. I can't imagine the Texans not offering him whatever.....sort of like the Colts and Manning.

Great thread.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
You'd like to think Carr would stay for the duration of his playing years but who knows?

There are so many variables to pro sports these days.

I'm sure Niner fans never thought Montana would leave. The players I think have some loyalty but ultimately I've learned that they will do what is best for them 99% of the time financially.
With the Franchise tag and everything, if the Texans want him he will stay. When did the last Franchise QB change teams through FA????

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read