Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2004   #1
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Default Where are the HARD HITS.....

On Defense? Thatís what the Texans need to start doing. Hard hits get a Team going! They need to get physical. When was the last time a Texan hit a running back and layed him on his back? Or a Pass over the middle and make the Receiver pay for the catch? I can tolerate losing but I want the other team to know they were in a fight! That it wasnít a cake walk. You know where it takes you till Thursday to get over your soreness! I don't remember any hard hits on Sunday. Only 1 comes to mind is Dunta Robinson last week on a quick pass he just layed out the Receiver On offense want to see some Pan caking We have 1 of the biggest O lines in the league! No excuse for not pan caking people! I know I'm hard on AJ but hey it comes with being the 3rd pick in last yrs draft. When it is a running play he should be just laying out 175lbs DB`s left and right on every play! I want to see replays of him just Ear Holing DB`s. So the next time AJ runs at him fake the block and go deep. Bet he will be open a WHOLE LOT MORE! There is no reason AJ canít be the BEST BLOCKING RECIEVER IN THE LEAGUE with his talent! Even with Texans being 0-2 I will still be there on Sunday watching the next game!
Old 09-21-2004   #2
Low Life
Rookie

Default man...

like that eric brown tag last preseason where he dang near knocked himself out but got up laughing with wobbly legs instead. that hit runs through my head every single game.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Intensity

There is such a thing as too much intensity on defense, like when two defenders dive at a receiver after the catch and collide with each other head-on. I don't want them being stupid, but I do agree with you that more intensity is probably needed.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #4
Low Life
Rookie

Default oh yeah...

that was a good one too.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

It is difficult to make hard hits when you can barely do a normal wrap up tackle....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #6
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
It is difficult to make hard hits when you can barely do a normal wrap up tackle....

True back to fundamentals. Both sides of the ball! Mental mistakes (Penalties)too.
Old 09-22-2004   #7
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life
like that eric brown tag last preseason where he dang near knocked himself out but got up laughing with wobbly legs instead. that hit runs through my head every single game.
YES!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2004   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
So your saying.... we need some intensity...we need some....

FIRE!!!!

Lets not play scared, lerts play hard and let the chips fall!!
Ya what he said FIRE HIM!!!! O wait...
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #9
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Exactly my point on another thread few days ago. Seems like Capers should have our kicker talk to the team about motivation. I hate to see him try to tackle anything but a cheer leader, but he did TRY. Despite a concussion, he went back in. Sure a guy can make mistakes because of emotion, but I can handle that. Most of our hard tackles seem to be when the other guy is already out of bounds!
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read