Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
jmutchler
Rookie

Question Where was Aaron??

Where was Aaron Glenn today? Missed him and never saw anything about him being injured and didn't see him or hear them talk about him on TV....
jmutchler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #2
clandestin
Veteran

That's because shutdown corners don't get on TV Glenn had a nice game, with the exception of maybe one missed play. For the most part they didn't challenge him whatsoever.
Old 09-12-2004   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Gleen may be getting old but i think he is still one of the leagues best CBs,,, well he sure did look better than "Primetime" today thats for sure.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #4
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default Go Boltz

DID YOU GUYS FORGET BREES WAS A STUD IN 02. FIRST CHARGERS QB SINCE DAN FOUTS TO THROW FOR 3000 YARDS IN A YEAR. HAD SEVERAL 300 PLUS YARD PASSING GAMES. WHY WOULD YOU THINK HE CANT MAKE THOSE THROWS. I THINK IT WAS WISHFUL THINKING ON YOUR PART
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
DID YOU GUYS FORGET BREES WAS A STUD IN 02. FIRST CHARGERS QB SINCE DAN FOUTS TO THROW FOR 3000 YARDS IN A YEAR. HAD SEVERAL 300 PLUS YARD PASSING GAMES. WHY WOULD YOU THINK HE CANT MAKE THOSE THROWS. I THINK IT WAS WISHFUL THINKING ON YOUR PART

Man aint it bout time you went to the next opponents message board and looked like a fool there ? Cause the games over and noone really cares anymore so later !!! Plus Brees is not all he's cut out to be he just exposed or rookie cb and helped his stats a little !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #6
clandestin
Veteran

We texans fans are off-base here.....Brees is the man!!! When you get as many high round picks as San Diego, you don't mind spending them your first rounder on quality backup Quarterbacks. ;p
Old 09-15-2004   #7
geekster
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Man aint it bout time you went to the next opponents message board and looked like a fool there ? Cause the games over and noone really cares anymore so later !!! Plus Brees is not all he's cut out to be he just exposed or rookie cb and helped his stats a little !
Don't worry too much about FAN - the only reason he came over here in the first place was getting spun up by a trio of Houston smack talkers on the Chargers forums (about 500 messages of it last week and quite a show). Most Houston fans are a bit more sophisticated (did I spell that right)?

Brees is in his 4th year and doing a great job. His stats were better than David's last year - but he got yanked for "not taking care of the ball" only because the Chargers have the best "relief pitcher" in the league in Doug Flutie. Don't believe me - you can check it out on NFL.COM - his stats had David beat - (not bad for a boy from Texas eh?). As bad as we were - even Doug could only go 2/2...

Drew is now going into his 4th year and I expect him to do great things this year. Like looking off the Texans safety to the left (who bit BIG time) then throwing a TD strike over a shutdown corner that though he had some help back there. Not a bad play by either the Safety or Cornerback - just a great look-off by Drew.

Unfortunately - since managment decided to bring in Phillip Rivers I don't know if he will be a Charger next year or not. I see him staying only if he KNOWS that PR has to WIN his job from him and not have it just handed to him. I sure hope so - ya need an iron man or two quality QBs to go anywhere these days. Look at what happened to the Falcons... For that matter the same thing could happen to Detroit next week.

You are certainly right about one thing - the Charger game is over. Lets see if your/my team can learn from it and go kick some Detroit BUTT!
Old 09-13-2004   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestin
That's because shutdown corners don't get on TV Glenn had a nice game, with the exception of maybe one missed play. For the most part they didn't challenge him whatsoever.
And that one play, the way Glenn look, I think the Safety was suppose to come over. Glenn can be over powered by a big receiver, but he doesn't get burned by speed receivers like that.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I still think the Chargers would have been better served to have spent their 1st on Gallery. Roman Oben is on his last legs. Brees will end up being about as good as Rivers. Unfortunately for San Diego, Brees will probably do it elsewhere.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #10
jmutchler
Rookie

Default okay...he was there

Okay, Aaron was there...I just missed him. On to next week....

On the Brees note - any time other than playing The Texans, I am a Drew Brees fan, after all, he is a Texas boy.
jmutchler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #11
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I think SDbites has prolonged his stay here, because he knows the rest of the year he won't be able to dothis.
Old 09-13-2004   #12
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
And that one play, the way Glenn look, I think the Safety was suppose to come over. Glenn can be over powered by a big receiver, but he doesn't get burned by speed receivers like that.
You are right. Capers discussed the play on his radio show. He said they were in 3 deep zone and Glenn had the deep outside and there was another WR outside the WR who scored. Brees looked left and Coleman was late getting back right.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

who was it that got burnt when the Chargers caught a TD pass in the end zone with no one near them?
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
who was it that got burnt when the Chargers caught a TD pass in the end zone with no one near them?
Nice attitude
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read