Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006   #1
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The 2006 High School Football Thread

Personally, I am as excited about the beginning of football season from high school all the way through the pros.

I especially enjoy cheering, encouraging and congratulating the high school kids including the dance teams, cheerleaders and band on their accomplishments. I applaud those who put forth the effort that could include serious injury, to provide entertainment in their respective communities at affordable prices.

2005 HS football thread
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2006 at 09:54 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #4
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.
I live in Atascocita but I am sure I am going to hit up a Katy and a Woodlands game this year.
Old 07-31-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

You're very close to North Shore as well. Pick one of their more competitive games at Galena Park Stadium. They have some weak sisters in their District so be careful of the opponent - otherwise you'll see their second string in the second quarter. LaPorte is probably going to be the next best team in that District this year.

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2006   #6
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Okay... will check them out. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2006   #7
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
... and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.
Thanks AJ ... Just when I was feelin pretty good about life, you reminded me how old I am. Jeez, when I was in HS those were the state-of-the-art stadiums.
Old 09-09-2006   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough.
SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.
Old 09-09-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As I waited for an hour for the Westfield-Cy Falls game highlights on FSN, I noticed how many Mustangs and Bulldogs there are---and of all the Mustangs, Westfield wasn't on the show.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2006 High School Football Thread

Homecoming at Leonard George Stadium.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #11
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
SO weird to hear that. When I went to North Shore they couldn't buy a win.

Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state

Last edited by TFL; 09-09-2006 at 09:07 PM.
TFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006   #12
TexanDrifter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL
Well I know the past couple of years they been going to the Playoffs all the time, and I think it was either 02 or 03 when they won State. They played my high school team and shreaded us along with everybody else they played they would always put up 60+ points in district play and keep the teams usally under 14 points. One year we where about to go into the half with the score close 21-14 i think them winning, but they threw a TD right before the half leading 28-14 I think, and they ended up winning like 61-14 I think. They where/are raw. In fact Oklahoma state QB Bobby Reid was the QB that lead them to state
In addition to all that, North Shore hasnt lost a regular season game during the previous five years. It was ALOT of fun going every friday night, even if most the games were terribly lopsided.

And then the big shocking moment when we lose in the playoffs. :brickwall

And the championship was in 2003. Yay for Bobby Reid!
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.
Where in PA Flylikeaneagle? Are you referring to Central Bucks West HS in Doylestown?
Old 10-23-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Klein Collins baby!

We lost the #4 running back in the nation and #4 overall player in Texas.
Mike Goodson- now at Texas A&M

now we suck
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Klein Collins baby!

We lost the #4 running back in the nation and #4 overall player in Texas.
Mike Goodson- now at Texas A&M

now we suck
Did Klein Collins lose a lot other talent as well? As good as Mike Goodson is, I didn't think Klein Collins would go from near the top of the district to near the bottom. Where there a lot of seniors on last years team?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Did Klein Collins lose a lot other talent as well? As good as Mike Goodson is, I didn't think Klein Collins would go from near the top of the district to near the bottom. Where there a lot of seniors on last years team?
We lost an O-Lineman to LSU, one to Navy, one to Texas A&M. We also lost a safety to Texas Tech & a CB to Sam Houston.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006   #17
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

first off, i am a member of a 4A high school football message board. i was wondering if perhaps i can promote that message board in the texans board since its really not pro related. i can perfectly understand if t couldnt be done, but it doesnt state it in the terms of service. if i cant, then ya think we can have a section dedicated to high school football...like in the houston sports scene? i know theres a thread already devoted to HS football, but i think that people would talk more HS football on here if there was a section for it. high school football is a very legitimate topic of discussion and so i think that a section for Hs football would not go to waste. opinions and thoughts?
Old 10-18-2006   #18
AJ121
Rookie

clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see
AJ121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #19
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ121 View Post
clear lake vs galveston ball should be an interseting game to see
hmm ball beats lake
pearland beats creek
alvin beats brazoswood( big upset)

so really that leaves the district standings at

1. Ball 3-0 Games Left- Brazoswood, Pearland, Creek
2. Brazoswood 2-1 Games Left- Ball, Brook, Lake
3. Lake 2-2 Games Left- Brook, Brazoswood
4. Creek 2-2 Games left- Alvin, Ball
5. Pearland 1-2 Games Left- Alvin, Ball, Brook
6. Brook 1-2 Games left- Lake, Brazoswood, Pearland
7. Alvin 1-3 Games Left- Pearland, Creek

All of these teams are pretty much still in this race,

If Brazoswood falls to Ball next week, and Brook wins their homecoming against Lake, and Pearland beats alvin as expected, then come 1 week from now we would see Ball in first and a four way tie for 2nd. Top 4 teams make playoffs .
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

24-5A is bizarre this year.

Brazoswood beats Pearland, the odds on District favorite, shuts out and totally dominates Creek at Creek's homecoming, then loses to one of the two weakest teams in the District (Alvin). I've seen Alvin, Brook, Ball, and Creek this year (in addition to Friendswood, Dobie, Nimitz, and Westfield).

Pearland got it's QB (Proctor) back which was the problem they were having. Fozzy (UT commit) had over 400 yards rushing and 4 TDs last night. They could win out.

Ball has good balance and this is their best team in a few years. They were relying on defense early but their QB Patino is starting to get it going. Marcus Taylor looks like a little Reggie Bush out there at times, and not just because he wears #5. The kid can catch and put the moves on people after the catch.

The Ball-Lake game was crazy at the end. Lake tied it 27-27 with 0:59 left in the game but then Ball ran the ensuing kickoff back 91 yards to set up Patino with the game winner with 0:12 remaining.

Lake and Creek are very close competitively. Lake runs a read option that is tough to defend (they rarely pass the ball) and Creek with their track stars on offense runs the same Baytown Lee spread offense that made Drew Tate a starter at Iowa. Brook is the weakest of the three Clear schools this year. I would be very surprised if they beat Lake next week but strange things can happen when you get these neighborhood rivals together on the field. Brook lost its best DL a couple of weeks ago to injury and that will hurt them the rest of the way.

I have yet to see Brazoswood but a friend of mine saw them against Creek and gave me a scouting report. Good size and two legit RBs. Although, again, I have no clue what happened to them last night because I wasn't all that impressed with Alvin's defense when I saw them a couple of weeks ago.

Creek has three D-I commits: Taylor Echols (Tulane), Jereme Brooks (Utah), and J.J. Mullins (Kansas State)

Ball's Frank Avery has commited to A&M.

Last edited by aj.; 10-21-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read