Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2004   #1
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default Chargers Point Of View

ok i can tell you texan fans are confident your going to beat us... but keep a few things in mind..... in 2002 we were 8-8 rolled over you guys and should have been in thee playoffs.... in 2003 it was supposed to be a push year with alot of people picking us to win the division or come in second.....that obviously didnt happen do to injuries and lack of experience.... we played much better at the end of the season once our secondary gained some experience and learned from their mistakes..... i only worry about the johnson sammy davis matchup because of the size issues. although in the pre season against much bigger wr's he did well... but thats pre season..... our conversion to the 3-4 has been a smooth transition and while people think we keep it simple... we actually have some complicated blitzes that we come at you with brees led the pre season in passing.... the defense led the league in sacks we have all pro's liek mike goff and roman oben anchoring our line which is much much better than yours we have donnie edwards and ben leber coming from outside with donnie stuffing the middle with fellow all pro jamal williams....we had no pass rush what so ever last year and that is why our secondary kept getting burned.... l.t. has been known to eat up a 3-4 defense ur better off goin 4 down not that it matters kuz i can guarantee you he is going to run for 150 catch 7-8 passes some 20 or more yard screens and lots of reverses for you to think we are push overs is just foolish... or to expect to win.. you should just be hoping to win.. and expect a dog fight like us our play action fakes will kill your aggresive safeties you think we have no playmakers at wr when erik parker is a superstar rising this year... he has some of the best hands in the league i just wish you would look at the game realisitically and realize that its going to be a close one
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #2
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Yeah Brees really kicked *** against a couple of second and third string defensive players. I watches a few of their games i could prolly do good against some lil kindergarden players as well,,,,,but hey no need to rag on brees i mean look at ALL the success he's had. Plus if ya wanna get down to it yall had a better preseason than us so ya know maybe your right i dunno i guess we'll see sunday !
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #3
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

That is the longest sentence ever in the history of this board, and it's still not finished!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
ok i can tell you texan fans are confident your going to beat us...
Well, Texan fans are just naturally confident. That happens when your team never loses an opening game.

Believe me, you don't have to remind Texans fans about the 1st loss in team history. I pretty sure David Carr remembers being sacked 9 times in the 2nd game in franchise history. Don't expect that the Chargers will walk into the loudest stadium in the NFL with warm applause. Take a pound of flesh, you owe a pound of flesh.

As far as the logic used to explain why the Chargers should win, I'm not following you. The Chargers defense used to be good, now it's not. The team used to be average, now it's not. The Chargers had injuries and...wait, hold it right there. The 2nd year Texans led the NFL in players on IR in '03. And they still had a better record than the Chargers. You can't play the injury card here in Houston, my friend.

Look I respect Tomlinson, he's a great back. Considering the lack of talent around him, his production is legendary. I respect Marty, Wade, and the Chargers coaching staff. Given the time and the talent, I think they'll turn this team around. I don't think they'll get the time, but that's for another time & another thread. The Chargers are rebuilding, just as the Texans have been building for the past 2 seasons. The Texans are just a year or so ahead of the curve than the Chargers are. The Chargers have maybe 3 players on defense, and only 1 player on offense that would start on this Texan team.

Homefield, motivation, talent...the Texans have the edge. I believe in the adage "On any given Sunday..." Just not this Sunday.
Old 09-10-2004   #5
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

very nice i like
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #6
jhawktx
Rookie

The Chargers are never going anywhere as long as they have Marty as the head coach. He's a loser.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #7
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawktx
The Chargers are never going anywhere as long as they have Marty as the head coach. He's a loser.

WHAT HE SAID.
Old 09-10-2004   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are favored in this game for a reason, and it's not because SD is the better team. That entire rant could be said by any NFL fan. All teams have injuries. All teams have potential stars that other teams don't know about. Every week there are aspects of a team that you could say the other team is underestimating. I could re-write that whole piece and switch it from Chargers to Texans and make just as many points.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #9
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Many folks don't understand what Seau brought to that defense. He is so energetic and a wonderful leader, he made the people around him play harder, and brought a spirit to that defense.

Hopefully for Charger fan, with a renewed fire under Drew Brees' rear end, their offense will pick up some. I really do think that this is going to be a good game. Even though I really want my boys to whip up on the 'Chah-jus", I think it will be a pretty good game.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #10
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz
Default chargers

neither team is a dominant team but in today's nfl its about team chemistry and playmaking. any...and i mean any team can make the playoffs if they can get into the right rhythem and get on a roll of winning early...maybe thats why you texan fans are so amped up... just like we are.. its not the nfl of the mid 90's where you could just write certain teams off
Old 09-10-2004   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chargers' best bet is to try and get out to an early lead. If they get behind and have to pass it will be a long day. They need to have the lead and be able to feed LT all game long.

Both teams are closely matched, but one important factor being overlooked is the Reliant Stadium advantage. Reliant Stadium is LOUD. Now, I've never been to Arrowhead or any other crazy stadium like that, but I could not imagine it being any louder than Reliant gets. That will be another distraction for S.D.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #12
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Well, Texan fans are just naturally confident. That happens when your team never loses an opening game.

Believe me, you don't have to remind Texans fans about the 1st loss in team history. I pretty sure David Carr remembers being sacked 9 times in the 2nd game in franchise history. Don't expect that the Chargers will walk into the loudest stadium in the NFL with warm applause. Take a pound of flesh, you owe a pound of flesh.

As far as the logic used to explain why the Chargers should win, I'm not following you. The Chargers defense used to be good, now it's not. The team used to be average, now it's not. The Chargers had injuries and...wait, hold it right there. The 2nd year Texans led the NFL in players on IR in '03. And they still had a better record than the Chargers. You can't play the injury card here in Houston, my friend.

Look I respect Tomlinson, he's a great back. Considering the lack of talent around him, his production is legendary. I respect Marty, Wade, and the Chargers coaching staff. Given the time and the talent, I think they'll turn this team around. I don't think they'll get the time, but that's for another time & another thread. The Chargers are rebuilding, just as the Texans have been building for the past 2 seasons. The Texans are just a year or so ahead of the curve than the Chargers are. The Chargers have maybe 3 players on defense, and only 1 player on offense that would start on this Texan team.

Homefield, motivation, talent...the Texans have the edge. I believe in the adage "On any given Sunday..." Just not this Sunday.
Sorry Lucky! stats are more than black n white. alot of your injured were back ups anyway.There has never been a team in the NFL history that has had more starters down at the same time than us fortunate chargers.Every starting O-line man includeing 2 backup O-lineman and all 3 recievers at the same time.That was just offense, I don't need to tell you how jacked up we were on D.yes, everyteam deals with injury but we realy got bent over last year on it,so we can play the injury card here.as for one of the other posters,what games are you watching where BREEZ plays third and fouth stringers.He's on the first team and that's who plays against.

P.S. I wish well for the Texans this year too! just not against us....lol Carr is my boy, Go bulldogs!!!
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKU
Sorry Lucky! stats are more than black n white. alot of your injured were back ups anyway.There has never been a team in the NFL history that has had more starters down at the same time than us fortunate chargers.
Huh? I just checked how many games the Chargers starters missed last year:

Vaughn Parker - RT - 13 games
Jason Ball - C - 8 games
Soloman Page - RG - 6 games
Damon McIntosh - LT - 4 games
David Boston - WR - 2 games
Raylee Johnson - RDE - 7 games (and Dingle had won the RDE spot anyway)
Jamal Williams - LDT - 1 game

If your point is that the Chargers missed these guys so badly last season that they only won 4 games, I ask what's changed? Jamal Williams is the only player San Diego brought back, and he missed a grand total of 1 game.

In contrast, take a look at some of the players the Texans missed last year.

Seth Payne - NT - 14 games
Gary Walker - DE - 12 games
Aaron Glenn - CB - 5 games (and hobbled all year with a nagging hamstring)
David Carr - QB - Missed all or parts of 7 games

Those aren't throwaway players, that's the heart of the team. And yes, the Texans lost backups to injury. Do you think that's OK? Tony Banks went down while subbing for Carr, the Texans had to start their 3rd string rookie QB for 2 games. CB Kenny Wright went down while subbing for Glenn, then Petey Faggins went out subbing for Wright. How about having to play your 4th string CB? Not to mention when reserves like Ramon Walker are lost, that doesn't exactly help the special teams.

The 5-11 Texans could and probably would have won more games without the massive injury toll. The Chargers were going to be a 4-12 team, regardless. Losses like Page and Vaughn are so inconsequential, it's ridiculous. These guys are no longer in the league. Comparing the Chargers injuries in '03 to the Texans injuries is laughable.
Old 09-11-2004   #14
SHOCKU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Huh? I just checked how many games the Chargers starters missed last year:

Vaughn Parker - RT - 13 games
Jason Ball - C - 8 games
Soloman Page - RG - 6 games
Damon McIntosh - LT - 4 games
David Boston - WR - 2 games
Raylee Johnson - RDE - 7 games (and Dingle had won the RDE spot anyway)
Jamal Williams - LDT - 1 game

If your point is that the Chargers missed these guys so badly last season that they only won 4 games, I ask what's changed? Jamal Williams is the only player San Diego brought back, and he missed a grand total of 1 game.

In contrast, take a look at some of the players the Texans missed last year.

Seth Payne - NT - 14 games
Gary Walker - DE - 12 games
Aaron Glenn - CB - 5 games (and hobbled all year with a nagging hamstring)
David Carr - QB - Missed all or parts of 7 games

Those aren't throwaway players, that's the heart of the team. And yes, the Texans lost backups to injury. Do you think that's OK? Tony Banks went down while subbing for Carr, the Texans had to start their 3rd string rookie QB for 2 games. CB Kenny Wright went down while subbing for Glenn, then Petey Faggins went out subbing for Wright. How about having to play your 4th string CB? Not to mention when reserves like Ramon Walker are lost, that doesn't exactly help the special teams.

The 5-11 Texans could and probably would have won more games without the massive injury toll. The Chargers were going to be a 4-12 team, regardless. Losses like Page and Vaughn are so inconsequential, it's ridiculous. These guys are no longer in the league. Comparing the Chargers injuries in '03 to the Texans injuries is laughable.
Don't stop there!!!!! you only printed half our list.If your going to spout out stats then do the whole thing.Just like someone in denial to take half the truth and twist it into there own story.I was responding to when you guy's said you had more guy's injured than us.FALSE!! not true!!!! even your lies are big in Texas.
SHOCKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKU
I was responding to when you guy's said you had more guy's injured than us.FALSE!! not true!!!! even your lies are big in Texas.
The Texans had the most players on IR in the NFL last year. That's not even debatable. It's a fact.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #16
tsquared
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Texans had the most players on IR in the NFL last year. That's not even debatable. It's a fact.
Vinny...with them arguing the real numbers it become painfully obvious why California is referred to as the land of Fruit and Nuts...
tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #17
SDBoltz
Veteran

Talking chargers win

ok I will be here tomorrow around 9 am or so PST And will make a thread called Boltz vs Texans look for it so I can see all your ptetty lil avatar's crying.
Old 09-11-2004   #18
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 879 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok I will be here tomorrow around 9 am or so PST And will make a thread called Boltz vs Texans look for it so I can see all your ptetty lil avatar's crying.
You will probably be the only one here. Most of us will be at the game.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004   #19
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Quote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...fine%3A+avatar

Avatar: Definition - From the Sanscrit for the incarnation of Godhead, an avatar is the 'body' you 'wear' in a virtual community - an animated, articulated representation of a human which represents you, the user, in any virtual environment. Some of the more sophisticated chat rooms provide the facility to 'chat' over the 'net via the visual representation of interacting human forms.

Also:

An avatar is a graphical representation of a person, which you can use in some 3D style chat rooms. Each person in the chat room chooses an avatar to represent themselves.

I do not think that you are using that word correctly. Unless are applying it to "SDBoltz" as well. And then in that case - it is "pretty" and it is little. And after tomorrows game you will be crying.

Looking forward to your thread - it should be entitled "How the Texans whooped us...by SDBoltz.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004   #20
Lucky

Quote:
... l.t. has been known to eat up a 3-4 defense ur better off goin 4 down not that it matters kuz i can guarantee you he is going to run for 150...
Just for grins, I took a gander at Tomlinson's rushing yardage against 34 defenses.

Houston - 84 yards

Baltimore - 105 yards
Pittsburgh - 91 yards

Now, averaging 93 yards/game isn't shabby, but it doesn't spell doom & gloom for the Texans, either. It will take an extraordinary performance from Tomlinson for the Chargers to beat the Texans 34 defense. Not his ordinary performance.

Mike Goff & Roman Oben are All-Pros? Huh?

BTW, did you give yourself a 5 star rating for this thread? Talk about overrated!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read