Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2004   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Remember when? Sept 15,2002

I didn't want to interfere with the smack talk.. But I feel we will be focused team.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20020915_HOU@SD

In battle of rookies, Brees prevails

SAN DIEGO (Sept. 15, 2002) -- Junior Seau introduced himself early and often to David Carr and the expansion Houston Texans, leading a mismatch that soon became a feeding frenzy.

Seau, the perennial Pro Bowl linebacker, intercepted Carr to set up one of Curtis Conway's two touchdowns and defensive end Raylee Johnson recovered Carr's fumble in the end zone for another score as the San Diego Chargers beat the punchless Texans 24-3.

Carr, the top pick in April's draft, had no chance against the Chargers' relentless defense. He was sacked nine times, intercepted twice and completed only six of 25 passes for 87 yards.

David Carr was sacked by the Chargers defense nine times.

"We wanted to put pressure on him and we wanted him to be uncomfortable," Seau said. "And for the most part, we did that. We're happy about that. It was fun."

All that, and the Chargers -- who haven't allowed a touchdown in two games -- were without one of their hardest hitters, safety Rodney Harrison, out with a groin injury.

The Chargers (2-0) kept Houston (1-1) from becoming the first expansion team to win its first two games. Houston upset Dallas 19-10 a week earlier to become the first expansion team since Minnesota in 1961 to win its first game.

Carr, who was a fan of Seau's while growing up in California's Central Valley, and even got his autograph as a teenager, has been sacked 15 times in his first two games, and said he feels it.

"I'm just going to get in an ice bucket with a snorkel and come back the next week," Carr said.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #2
maynard
Rookie

we better watch out for Seau and Harrison, oh wait.....
maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard
we better watch out for Seau and Harrison, oh wait.....
forget seau and harrison, conway is the guy i'm worried about...

ah ****...
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

you know whats funny? since 2000, 2 of your 4 first round picks have held out and threatened not to play the season?

Quentin Jammer
Eli Manning, who didnt even want to be associated with such a terrible team
Phillip Rivers

anyone finding something wrong about this? even the players coming out of college that just want a chance wont even play for you
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #5
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

That's a great article.
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

How could we forget the ugliest game in an ugly season? More than that how could the Texans who were there that day forget it? The answer is they can't and they won't. So far the Chargers posters seem to be backing their team (I can respect that) and seem convinced that a similar Texans team to 2002 is going to be hosting their boys on Sunday.

This should be interesting. Niether sides fans can see any reason why their team shouldn't come out on top. Somebody is going to be very disappointed at around 3:00 Sunday. I'm betting they're going to be wearing Chargers gear.
Old 09-09-2004   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Would you grade that one uglier than the Bengals game? I don't think I was at the Chargers game but I remember walking out of the Cincinnatti game with one of the worst sports-feelings I've ever had.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chargers were less of a "Slap in the face" than the Bungles game. The Charges were considered a decient team in 2002, but the bungles were supposed to be the bottom feeders of the league. We took a spanking from the Chargers, but that was not near as humiliating as losing and losing badly, to the Bungles.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want to mark improvement for this team, this game should be the indicator.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

See I didn't see it that way at all. I thought it was totally predictable that the Bengals would come into Houston with their backs against the wall and play well. They were pros too you know and they were the laughing stock of the NFL when they came to Houston. The first team to ever be underdogs to the Texans? That was an insult to the Bengals and they took it that way. I was more worried about the Bengals game than many others that year because I knew they literally had to win that one or be laughed right out of Ohio. And they knew it too.

Better teams we had a chance of sneaking up on in 2002. The obviously bad teams however were desperate to not be worse than the Texans.
Old 09-09-2004   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Would you grade that one uglier than the Bengals game? I don't think I was at the Chargers game but I remember walking out of the Cincinnatti game with one of the worst sports-feelings I've ever had.

That game was in San Diego. I remember how many sacks the Texans gave up and I also remember Junior Seau acting like he was in the Super Bowl.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #12
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
That game was in San Diego. I remember how many sacks the Texans gave up and I also remember Junior Seau acting like he was in the Super Bowl.
Seau always played like he was in the Super Bowl. It's called "intensity."

More defensive players should use your screen name for guidance...."What Would Junior Do?"
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPIZZ1

More defensive players should use your screen name for guidance...."What Would Junior Do?"
What Would Junior Do? Hmm seems like the Chargers organization thought Junior would do poorly for you in SD so he was let go to Miami. Nice move there. Then there was the 'a bit too old' Rodney Harrison. Seemed like he was just old enough for the Patriots on their SB run. San Diego has without a doubt the worst management/ownership in the league. That's pretty bad considering the Cardinals and Bengals once held that honor.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPIZZ1

Intensity or immaturity. Guess it depends on what side of the ball you are on.

Last edited by WWJD; 09-09-2004 at 02:02 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read