Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What if SD beats us Sunday ?

SD beating us would be much more likely than us beating Miami in their opener
last year (before the fact of course). Afterall, this is the NFL - everybody is really good, any given Sunday, etc. You don't get any pud openers in this league like Oklahoma, Texas, and others in college do. Would we feel devastated
with a loss, soured for the whole season. Or would it be "We'll get them next week in Detroit", this is just a small setback in the long range plan ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

The fans will cry on this MB if we lose to the Chargers. The Fire Palmer thread will be 10 pages long. Someone will mention that Carr will have to go another year before cutting his hair. It will be ugly.

The Bolts have a good up-and-coming secondary, a stud back, and a rookie QB with some talent. Fortunately for us, they are very weak on the D-line and O-line. Their LB's are nothing to write home about either. They do have some young talented TE's and WR's. I personally think they are underrated. This team won't have a winning record, though, until they improve their two lines.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Then you get ready for Detroit.

If you allow one loss, especially the first game, to ruin your season you don't have much of a team anyway. I know it happens but not to good teams. Those teams just regroup and get about their business.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #4
SESupergenius

San Diego pounded us before, no reason they couldn't do it again.
Old 09-08-2004   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
The Chargers return 6 starters from the 2002, week 2 game. The Texans return 12.

These aren't the same teams that will be playing Sunday. While any team in the NFL can win on a given Sunday, I can't see San Diego pounding anyone this year.
Old 09-08-2004   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The Chargers return 6 starters from the 2002, week 2 game. The Texans return 12.

These aren't the same teams that will be playing Sunday. While any team in the NFL can win on a given Sunday, I can't see San Diego pounding anyone this year.

True Points, we were a young team on its first road game verses a very veterian defense. This year it is the total opposite, we have the experience in the trenchs, and they don't. So it is possible, anything is possible in the NFL, but I don't see it happening. And if it does, look out Detroit you going to have some upset Texans on their hands.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #7
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky

Boy were you wrong lucky. Who says that we are weak on oline and dline and in the kicking game. Like Rookies can't perform?? Big Ben Shane Olivea and Nick hardwick on the chargers line have allowed the fewest sacks in the league. Then thereis igor olshansky one of the biggest monsters i have ever seen coming out of college. Young teams can win as the Chargers have proven and will prove again next year
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2004   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, have you seen the ending to The South Park Movie? Something like that would happen if we lost to SD. A gaping hole would create itself from hell to lead an undead army on us. So it would be better if we won.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Well, have you seen the ending to The South Park Movie? Something like that would happen if we lost to SD. A gaping hole would create itself from hell to lead an undead army on us. So it would be better if we won.
That is what the Dolphins thought last year when we went there.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #10
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius

try this.......it is not 2002, this is 2004

Defense is better, we have a legitimate running game now with DD and Tony H, their D last season was abysmal.

BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If San Diego beats us we'll be 0-1. If we beat them, we'll be 1-0. That's kind of how I look at it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #12
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
try this.......it is not 2002, this is 2004

Defense is better, we have a legitimate running game now with DD and Tony H, their D last season was abysmal.

Try this...it is not 2003, this is 2004.

Doesn't that suck when your own argument is used against you??
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #13
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

If San Diego beats us Sunday....I'll be really pissed!

Then again....maybe that will break our bad luck since we start the season with a bang and end it with dissapointment.

Maybe this year if we start bad.....we might end it on a positive note....playoffs anyone?
Old 09-08-2004   #14
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
If San Diego beats us Sunday....I'll be really pissed!

Then again....maybe that will break our bad luck since we start the season with a bang and end it with dissapointment.

Maybe this year if we start bad.....we might end it on a positive note....playoffs anyone?
I agree. We've started the last two years with a win and didn't have much of a season. Maybe if we lose the first game we'll do great.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The players want to win 2 in a row so they are really trying to get that covered early in the season. We will be victorious!!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year the Patriots were 0-1 after a 31-0 loss. Lossing to San Deigo would be disappointing and give us plenty to talk about but the season would be far from over.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004   #17
the_dork_avenger
Rookie

We seem to be getting alittle more respect around the nfl. if we lose to S.D. i see lots of the respect we've earned going out the window.
the_dork_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004   #18
Jon Moxon
Rookie

If The Texans lose to the Chargers on Sunday...I'll be broke!
Jon Moxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #19
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
Not that I'm a betting man.. ( lol ) but just in this one case
I'm willing to put up my clear title, to the car I Love.. As
my ranch is already on the line, and I seem to be " Dummer than this thread." This is your chance to show
how much smarter you are than this old cowpoke is and
enjoy a set of great wheels. PM me, and I'll give you a shot
a me. You can have all, or what ever part you want to cover
on the Chargers beating the Texans.
Nice...I didn't see this post until just now. I wouldn't have made a bet anyway, cause I'm not the betting type, but it would have been nice to get a new car
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #20
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

We only have to do one thing to beat them, and thats stop LT. We also gotta watch out for Gates too, we get those 2 guys out of the game, and it could be a shutout.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read