Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2004   #1
burntheends
Rookie

Default Texans and Tim Couch

Would it be worth it to try to make a deal with Tim Couch. I am not sure how reasonable it would be but the Texans could use a decent back-up QB (I'm not too fond of Tony Banks),
burntheends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't think Tim Couch is a decent backup QB, and apparently GB didn't think so either. I'd take Tony Banks over Couch anytime.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #3
Guid2000
Rookie

Couch is pretty worthless. He has some type of chronic arm weakness problem. I don't like Banks much either, but he is better than couch.
Guid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I caught a couple of the Packers games on NFL Network. Ragone and Banks are both better options than Couch.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a Couch hater. I'm not a fan either but I don't think he's absolutely "done". I do think that his career is one of those long term resurrection jobs that you don't see happen very often. Mostly I think that's because of his head. How screwed up do you think he is upstairs and how long do you think he'd have to sit at 3rd before you got that mess straightened out?

That's the problem. In the old days he'd be the kind of reclamaition project that Al Davis might pick up (IF he had a stronger arm so this is kind of hypothetical really) and let sit for a couple of years at the 3 and then the 2. Or he'd go up to Canada (That may very well happen) and get his head back together to earn himself another shot.

He'll get a call from someone, somewhere. QB is so thin around the league that he'll be riding pine for somebody this year. He won't be getting any better doing it though in most of the places that will call.
Old 09-05-2004   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Palmer could help him? Sign him to the practice squad & let Palmer work with him for a year or two. Maybe, Casserly can turn him into an extra draft pick or two.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004   #7
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guid2000
Couch is pretty worthless. He has some type of chronic arm weakness problem.
Casserly confirmed that on the radio this morning. If healthy, he could be a backup (or better), but he's not healthy.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read