Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Early Look at First Round QB's

I think big Ben will be the best QB in this class. I will be following him closely since I got a chance to see him play 3 times last year. He blew me away at times. I think the Steelers made out like bandits in the QB shuffle on draft day.
Quote:
Roethlisberger told Jerome Bettis that he had seen him on television so often that he didn't know whether to hand off to Bettis or shake his hand. Nervous? "Oh, definitely," Roethlisberger said. "I think if you're not nervous something's wrong. But I got that first practice out of the way. My legs were a little shaky, my arms a little weak, but I'm ready to go now."

His first pass in team drills was a bootleg to the right, a play that can take advantage of his good mobility. He whipped a pass to tight end Bob Blizzard, a rookie free agent from North Carolina, who was impressed with the pass but not necessarily who threw it.

"Actually, I didn't even know he threw the ball," Blizzard said. "I was just so focused. Whoever throws me the ball, I'm going to catch it. It was a naked slant, I ran in and released out and he hit me with a good pass. He put it right on me." Maddox, the incumbent starter, came away impressed with Roethlisberger but could provide no opinion on Roethlisberger's first pro practices.
post-gazette.com

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I agree, I think the other two team were to worried about Manning they let the best QB in the Draft slip to 11. Sucks for Rothelisberger but now he can show the world that they screwed up by passing on him.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I disagree, your making really fast judgements on players. I would rather have a QB who takes awhile to develope then on that rises fast and falls faster. These guys have a few months to learn the system, and relax. After one day you think you can make a judgement on a player?
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

No by watching them for years in college and with my own personal opinions I can make judgements on them. I do believe its my right...
Old 05-08-2004   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
and we get first dibs...
Old 05-08-2004   #6
texans
Veteran

how does david comper to theis guys. And any chance manning being the brat here that the leaf curse might be reversed
texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read