Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-31-2004   #1
Panther5407
All Pro

Default Texas Colleges

Just wondering what type of college fans are on this board. So what Texas team do you root for and what is your favorite out of state team in college?

Mine are
Texas-Texas A&M University
Out of State-Florida State University
Old 08-31-2004   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 62881 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas - University of Houston
Out of State - ??? I guess I really don't care

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Texas- BAYLOR BEARS Sic Em Bears Yes I know we stink, but we've improved one game a year the past couple years. In 8 years we could be undefeated.

Out of State - No real preference. Just like to watch a good game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004   #4
MikeMc
All Pro

In State: UH Coog fan

Out of State: UH when on the road!!

Only bandwagon fans have more than on "team"...I mean, if you have a favorite team (synonomous with one)....you only have one team....not three others that you like. Well, unless you like OU, Miami, LSU, USC or any other team in Nat'l contention..that way, when they go to the N-Champ, you can say how big a fan of them you are...then you just rotate teams annually depending on how well each is doing!

I Bleed Scarlet (UH Red)....now and forever!
Old 09-01-2004   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

in state i'm a texas tech die hard fan...give'em hell

out of state...if i was to pick just one school it would be alabama probably...florida state close 2nd
Old 09-01-2004   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Freshman at Texas State (formerly Southwest Texas State) so even though we're division II and likely pretty bad I don't really have a choice. Other than that I'm a Longhorn fan. If I was choosing an out of state team, I usually go for UGA and Georgia Tech to do well.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Mine are
Texas-Texas A&M University
Out of State-Florida State University

my favorites: In state is the University of Texas and out of state is the University of Miami...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2004   #8
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

In state: shamefully it's my alma mater SMU

Out of state: Georgia

For obvious reasons I root for Georgia.
Old 09-01-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey don't be ashamed of SMU Wags. It's a fine school.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Prairie View A & M - 1st Love
University of Texas - Sports Fav in Texas
Michigan - Out of State (Close friend's Alma Mater)
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #11
MikeMc
All Pro

T-State must first get there avg crowds to be above max capacity (15K) in order to be considered for D-IA bump. They changed their unis and got away from the "directional" school name (South West Texas). Their Fieldhouse has gone through some vast changes (multi-million $ upgrades), so recruiting has been up, but the need attendence to increase as well to be considered for the jump. I think the D-Ia schools are tired of all the new entrants, something like 15 since 1999!

They have made some great advances towards the change. I hope they succeed...fiance'e is an alumnus and it would be great to have our two schools battle it out in the future....so I can rub it in her face...naturally! Baseball and basketball are the only "big-time" sports they compete in, but football....well there are just no substitutes!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read