Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2004   #1
L3w1S
Rookie

Default Texans should sign DT David Upchurch

Who was cut by the Steelers today. He played for WVU 2 years ago and was on the Steelers practice squad last year. At WVU as a senior, he was a second team All-Conference choice who totaled 41 tackles, leading the team with 14.5 tackles for loss and registering 3 sacks. His junior totals were 66/14/4. The team captain ended his college career as third on WVU's all-time list for tackles for loss with 35.

Upchurch brings experience at both nose tackle and defensive end with the 3-4 defense, having played the formation at nose tackle his sophomore season and as a defensive end in a variation of the 3-4 his senior season.
L3w1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #2
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Upchurch

Don't know much about him. Why was he cut? Who would you replace on Texans? I think Walker, Payne and Smith are locked & Sears, Deloach were starters for a lot of 2003. Terrance Martin played strong. I think it would be hard to come in now and make this team.

I commend you for looking though.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #3
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Yeah i agree w/ ^ we have alot of depth at the position now since we had so many injuries last season ! I think we'll be ok at the position and we have a solid core of players already. And payne looked good tonight i think he made a full recovery from his injuries, so na i wouldnt pick up upchurch.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we really have depth? I think we have bodies more so than depth on the Dline. We cannot get a push from our front line at all. That is just scary and that just sucks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Once the full crew is on the line it SHOULD change. If not, it will be a LONG season for the DBs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with El Tejano. Defensive line is are weakest area right now depth wise. We can't afford any injuries to our 3 starters because there is a huge drop off after that. I'm hoping we pick up someone on the waiver wire after the final cuts are made assuming a decent dl gets cut. This is the time when the best players get cut so lets hope for the best.

Another area I'm concerned about is our offensive lines ability to pass block. Their run blocking is doing good but the pass blocking needs some improvement.

D Davis has been incredible! This guy is the real deal. And of course AJ will do outstanding this year also. The suprise of the preseason for me has been Armstrong. I think this guy is our slot receiver of the future.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #7
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
Don't know much about him. Why was he cut? Who would you replace on Texans? I think Walker, Payne and Smith are locked & Sears, Deloach were starters for a lot of 2003. Terrance Martin played strong. I think it would be hard to come in now and make this team.

I commend you for looking though.

He was cut because the Steelers strength on their D is the Defensive line and there wasn't room for him unfortunately. He didn't really impress me this year but did last year in preseason. He is more of a developmental player then anything so i doubt he would be anything more then a PS player at this point.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2004   #8
L3w1S
Rookie

WOW, he just signed to my team the ravens practice squad. Im so happy.
L3w1S is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read