Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006   #1
aljthomas34
Rookie

Default I cancelled my season tickets...dang you to heck, McNair!

I can't believe the events of the last 48 hours...I am stunned. This franchise has done EVERYTHING wrong from its inception. I screamed don't draft David Carr...take Julius Peppers. It made no sense to draft a QB with the offensive line of an expansion team. It made perfect sense to draft a DE with speed that was a can't miss product. Now, you are stuck with Carr because we renewed his deal.

So...no Vince....fine. So you say you can't sign Reggie Bush...fine. Then trade the stinking pick or draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at your real point of need, which is OL. Don't take a guy that would have slid to 5 or 6 at #1 in the whole draft. That is just asanine.

I cannot believe that this franchise continues to be this inept....except for one thing. Ineptitude starts at the top, brothers and sisters, and it is obvious that Bobby Mac is way in over bald head. I never thought I would see the day that someone dethroned Uncle Drayton as the chief of all cheapskates and $7 beers...but it has happened. King Bob is in the house, and I, for one, will not be joining him this year. As a season ticket holder from the beginning, I made the call to my ticket rep on Friday night and left them a message similar to hundreds they will be receiving over the next couple of weeks - "Please cancel my account..."

Jerks....
Old 04-29-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good, someone who wants them will get them now.
Old 04-29-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And when we start kicking ***, I hope you can't find a pair of tickets on Ebay.

Cause this whole process was about pleasing you, right
Old 04-29-2006   #4
aljthomas34
Rookie

First of all, please don't say WE unless you are planning on suiting up for the Texans next year. Second, drafting Williams does NOT make them better now than drafting Bush. That is ridiculous to suggest that. Our top off-season acquisition Anthony Weaver from the Ravens plays the SAME position as Williams, which means the #1 FREAKING pick in the draft is going to be playing out of position in his first game. How lame is that. That would be like us drafting Reggie Bush and saying..sorry Reggie, we already have Domanick Davis, I think we will put you at fullback instead.
Old 04-29-2006   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams will handle RDE while Weaver plays LDE. You can just send me the tickets.

-Ben Franklin
Old 04-29-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
Williams will handle RDE while Weaver plays LDE. You can just send me the tickets.
What? Two defensive ends? At once? I guess that makes sense.
Old 04-29-2006   #7
Dolby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljthomas34
"Please cancel my account..."

Jerks....
Dolby chuckles as he watches Mr. McNair calmly walk up to aljthomas34 and refund his 2006 deposit.

"C ya dude... we appreciate you making room for a real fan."

Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2006   #8
aljthomas34
Rookie

First of all, I think it is way too late at night for you to be awake, Mr. McNair, posting on the Texans message board to cover your butt.

Second of all, how can you defend this pick as anything other than an attempt to save a few million dollars. Casserly himself alluded to the fact that the main issue was signability on Thursday of this week. This was all about the jack, boys...
Old 04-29-2006   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First of all, I think it is way too late at night for you to be awake, Mr. McNair, posting on the Texans message board to cover your butt.

Second of all, how can you defend this pick as anything other than an attempt to save a few million dollars. Casserly himself alluded to the fact that the main issue was signability on Thursday of this week. This was all about the jack, boys...
We paid Williams more than we offered Bush.

-Ben Franklin
Old 04-29-2006   #10
aljthomas34
Rookie

Hey Dolby, I live in Cypress too. Why don't you swing by and pick up the tickets from my house. Oh, that's right, you've probably not ever been to a game before. Well, I've been at almost every one since the beginning. I sat through all of 2-14, and I did not sit through it for the Texans to pull this one on the fans. If you really think that the Texans did this SOLELY because they thought Williams was the best player on the board, than you don't understand the business of the NFL. This was about cash, pure and simple, because in a survey of 26 GM's, 21 of them said Bush was the best prospect they had EVER seen in the history of the draft. I wonder why New Orleans Saints officials said they immediately turned their phones off last night when they heard Bush was going to slip to them. Because they, unlike the idiots in Reliant Stadium, watched the college football season last year.

By the way...did any of you championing the cause of "Super Mario" watch ONE N.C. State game last year where you would even know what in the heck you are talking about? Any Wolfpack fans out there that could shed some light on this guys?
Old 04-29-2006   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can't believe the events of the last 48 hours...I am stunned. This franchise has done EVERYTHING wrong from its inception. I screamed don't draft David Carr...take Julius Peppers. It made no sense to draft a QB with the offensive line of an expansion team. It made perfect sense to draft a DE with speed that was a can't miss product. Now, you are stuck with Carr because we renewed his deal.

So...no Vince....fine. So you say you can't sign Reggie Bush...fine. Then trade the stinking pick or draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at your real point of need, which is OL. Don't take a guy that would have slid to 5 or 6 at #1 in the whole draft. That is just asanine.

I cannot believe that this franchise continues to be this inept....except for one thing. Ineptitude starts at the top, brothers and sisters, and it is obvious that Bobby Mac is way in over bald head. I never thought I would see the day that someone dethroned Uncle Drayton as the chief of all cheapskates and $7 beers...but it has happened. King Bob is in the house, and I, for one, will not be joining him this year. As a season ticket holder from the beginning, I made the call to my ticket rep on Friday night and left them a message similar to hundreds they will be receiving over the next couple of weeks - "Please cancel my account..."

Jerks....
You acted hastily and you'll regret it. There's a bunch of people waiting for your tix and now you'll go right back on that waiting list when you decide you want them again.
Old 04-29-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Great, you made your statement and stood your ground. Good on you.

Why did you bother coming in here to tell us about it? We don't care what you did or didn't do with your season tickets. Most of us will assume they don't even exist and you're just venting your frustration anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read