Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Carr wants DD out of Bronco's game

Nice article in the Houston Chronicle. I think you will enjoy this article from several players. I think it also points out the importance of DD to this team. Again, I think he will become our ES.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
"I'm just trying to make sure all my guys are healthy before they go back out on the field. Really, we don't need him 'til San Diego (in the season opener), so we'll wait for him."
I think if it was up to him, Carr would hold out all of his weapons..

And I think the fact that everybody who has played the RB position this training camp and preseason has gotten hurt didnt play any affect into Carr or anybody else not wanting him to play in a preseason game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

That just shows you how well Carr understands the game. A heathly Davis makes David's job a whole lot easier. The better the running game, the better the passing game becomes.

And by the way I agree with him, Davis could just wait til SD and get completely heathly.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004   #4
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I'd really like it if Davis sat out. Then again, if Davis says he can handle it and Carr sees that he doesn't favor that anke when shoved then maybe Davis is confident with his condition. I trust his judgement as I'm sure that he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his team's regular season success if he were to feel he wasn't ready.
Old 08-27-2004   #5
TexansFan.com
Rookie

I am kind of on the fence on this one. Sitting Davis would allow him another week to get healthy, or insure that he is healthy. Playing him allows him to get back into the flow of the game.
TexansFan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default would be nice, but...

It would be nice to hold DD out this game, but he does need a few carries. I love him just as much as the rest of our great players, but just a few carries to get ready for the season would be nice!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read