Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
Andre_Johnson88
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via MSN to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via Yahoo to Andre_Johnson88
Exclamation Receiver's play tonight

I thought our receivers tonight where one of the VERY FEW groups who looked GREAT!I mean AJ looked awesome in that 3rd series!Also,I thought that Derrick Armstrong had a great catch toward the sideline.Sloan Thomas looked good with that one catch where he got screwed of the first down;however, I just wish they could've thrown to him more tonight.Now the receiver of the night IMO is defiantely Kendrick Starling!I mean this guy looked great in all aspects in this game.That one reverse he did was AWESOME and he also made some great catches.That dude can definately fly!Overall, I just can't see how they are going to be able to get rid of Sloan Thomas or Kendrick Starling because both of these reveivers have been outstanding with no mistakes made.Anyone else think they might keep 6 receivers this season?
Old 08-22-2004   #2
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Andre dropped the first ball thrown his way tonight, an easy catch at that. But after that he played excellent, IMO. Starling shows a ton of potential once he gets the ball in his hands, he has the ability to make people miss, he just needs to learn to make a move and then go up field. Sloan Thomas looked competent. Gaffney dropped a beautiful pass from Carr, a difficult catch, but it brushed his fingertips and would have done wonders for our momentum at that point in the game. Didn't see Bradford do much of anything. Oh, and Armstrong is growing on me big time, he seems very reliable. All in all, our passing game is getting ready to make a quantum leap over last season.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think they might keep 6, but it depends a great deal on who wins the return duties. If Moses gets the return duties he'll be the 5th WR, and we wouldn't be able to keep both Starling and Thomas. Kendrick Starling did make at least one very obvious mistake. Remember when Hollings ran him over agains the Cowboys? Of course I don't envy the position the coaches will be in soon when they have to make the cuts. I think Andre showed pretty well along with Armstrong, but neither of them are fighting for spots. Starling looked much better in this game than against the Cowboys. I saw Thomas being the first one down on a couple punts, but I don't recall him making a tackle. I must admit I wasn't watching him that closely.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I just hope they give Bradford a little love these last two preseason games, I don't think he's had a look the first two.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

armstrong looks like hell get alot of playing time this season. he should be in there instead of bradford.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
armstrong looks like hell get alot of playing time this season. he should be in there instead of bradford.
yeah, Armstrong could easily fill Bradford's role if Bradford signs with another team after this season...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #7
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
yeah, Armstrong could easily fill Bradford's role if Bradford signs with another team after this season...
Does Armstrong have Bradford's wheels? I think that he's more of a possession receiver, like Gaffney (as Seinfeld would say, "Not that there is anything wrong with that), although I think he'll be great.

I think it's a big advantage to speed on the outside on both sides is to keep the safeties from 'walking down' into the box. With speed only on one side, it's easier for one safety to 'walk down.'

I wonder if they are looking at either Starling, or Thomas as a future speed receiver.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read