Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2004   #1
Ediddy73
Veteran

Default I guess the refs need pre-season too.

I don't like to scapegoat, but these officials are awful.
Old 08-21-2004   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Yeah, they're leaning a bit towards the home team... but our guys really aren't helping ourselves too much either.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Illegal use of hands.

Receivers can not be touched at all after 5 yards.

What happens when the receiver runs into the defender to draw a penalty?This is a BS rule. I would have my receivers run straight at the defenders, forcing them to touch them and move the ball 5 yards a play down the field.

Ticky tack ticky tack both ways.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #4
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Illegal use of hands.

Receivers can not be touched at all after 5 yards.

What happens when the receiver runs into the defender to draw a penalty?This is a BS rule. I would have my receivers run straight at the defenders, forcing them to touch them and move the ball 5 yards a play down the field.

Ticky tack ticky tack both ways.

They better be consistent throughout the year or there will be loads of complaining.The ref crew tonight isn't popular with a lot of teams.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the talking heads on ESPN was saying earlier this week that there will be a fan revolt several weeks into the season if they keep calling this rule like this. The delays in the action (especially for TV viewers) will be ridiculous.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #6
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
One of the talking heads on ESPN was saying earlier this week that there will be a fan revolt several weeks into the season if they keep calling this rule like this. The delays in the action (especially for TV viewers) will be ridiculous.
It's a horrible rule... this is football not patty cake.
Last year, during the playoffs, they allow the defenders to absolutely mug the receivers... so to fix it they go to the complete other extreme and allow zero contact? Genius!
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #7
Ediddy73
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
31-3 and you blame the refs? We just got dominated

Hope we have a better showing next week.
how do you figure I balme the refs for the score? I blame them for blowing the facemask on Gaff that put us in 4th and 1 and the poor spot they gave Thomas that killed a 4th and 5. That killed 2 drives, not to mention that over spot that Rothlesbet got. I would have like to seen our O get a few more chances. I don't care that we lost, I do care that we got run out of the building. The ilegal hands was a little excessive too, IMO.
Old 08-21-2004   #8
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy73
I don't like to scapegoat, but these officials are awful.
The refs have been awful so far this preseason for the majority.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read