Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Parcels the FOX

I was unable to watch or hear the game Saturday, but I have listened to Caper's comments and read most of the others. Parcels does not like preseason games and views them as player review time. I hope our team does not take this win too much to heart when the regular season game rolls around against Dallas. It will not be the same game and Parcels will have a totally different plan of attack. I'm not saying we aren't good and I'm not saying we can't be Dallas. What I'm saying is Parcels could be playing a chess game with us and he could be setting us up for a big let down. I have felt for some time that Dallas could have some real problems this year, but I'm certain that Jerry will emphasize how important the game against the Texans is. I think some friction is beginning to develop, but its just a personal hunch from what I have seen. Having said the above I love what I'm hearing or not hearing about the O-line. I hope we can avoid injuries and can get through the preseason and on to the regular season. I think the 3 keys to this year are Bruener, Wand, and the changes in the defense. Right now, I would say the rest of the NFL had better watch our for our team. If Carr has time he can hurt you big time. It sounds like in this game he had that time or bought some time. To do that the line has to be doing some good work. You then have to have receivers who recognize and help the QB out when things breakdown. Gaffny did that on one play which is a sign of maturity. I really think we are a very good team on paper, perhaps a little short on depth, but our starters can play with anyone.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #2
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: Parcels the FOX

We don't play Dallas this year in the regular season.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #3
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Why? We don't play them in the regular season. Both teams were playing to evaluate their own players. We didn't play just to win. It's up to the players to show what they can do during the preseason to win a job. Dallas Players didn't look like the cared or we made them look that way. Parcell dosen't like to lose even in the preseason, his players just didn't do their jobs and mostly because we didn't let them.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

We play the NFC North this year, and the NFC West next year. We won't play the Cowboys again till 2006, and in all likelihood Parcells won't be with the team by then.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Sorry about that, I keep thinking we are playing them in the regular season. However, I think you guys are right about Parcel's length of stay with Dallas. I think the 1st chink in the armour was when Parcels, I believe said, wasn't interested in George, but then Jerry was. He was signed. I think Jerry is already starting to assert himself and I think Parcels will not handle it very well. Anyway, I hope we play it cozy and avoid injuries until the season starts. I like our starters and what they are capable of and we should continue to evaluate and forget the preseason record.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well Parcells signed a 5 yr contract, and he's been in Dallas for one year already. I don't think either Parcells or Jones ever thought he'd live out the full length of the contract. Three or four years seems to be a safe assumption.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I just read an article a few days ago where Coach Parcells said he really enjoys working with Jerry and his son and that it's the perfect fit for him because they are in agreement on most everything concerning the team.

I wouldn't say he'll be there for the entire 5 years but if he's enjoying himself, he's being paid millions and he's in the spotlight it's as good a place as any.

He's not really a predictable person. Everybody was shocked when he took this job remember? He's one of those "I march to my own drummer" people.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-16-2004 at 02:56 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read