Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2004   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

Week Two the Lions Face off vs your Texans

Anyone want to wager regular season avatars on it?

I bet you my avatar the Lions win that Game. Any takers?
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Avatar Bet, Inspired by HowBoutThemCowboys

I will take that action provided that we're talking about a change of avatar's for the week following the game and not the entire season. I'd get sick of it long before the end of the season if I lost (but I don't think I need to worry about that one, I've got some confidence in my guys).

Avatar change for one week? If so count me in.
Old 08-16-2004   #3
Ediddy73
Veteran

same here Herv. I'll take it for a week. Feel free to browse our avatars and find the Texans one that you like best, Ihategeeks.
Old 08-16-2004   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

Umm, I guess i will be in the group but someone will have to remind me cause after football practice everyday my mind goes blank.
Old 08-16-2004   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

No shy stuff, the entire Regular Season.

Isn't anyone confident enough to make this bet ?
Old 08-16-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a question of confidence IHG. It's a question of simply not wanting to get locked into a Lion avatar for an entire season. What happens the following week or a month later when someone wants to throw that bet out again over Titans avatars or Colts avatars? What if I want to take that bet but I'm already locked into a Lion avatar for the rest of the year. It's one game in a long season and winning it (or losing it) isn't going to make or break the year.

I'll wear your Lion for a week if you win and only ask you to wear my Bull for a week if you lose. After that I'm on to division opponents. Out of 16 games the Lions only get my attention for one week. After that they won't be on my radar again unless we're playing in the Super Bowl and they're on the opposite side (A sweet mental picture if I do say so myself)

That's plenty fair enough. Believe me I don't relish the idea of having to wear that blue blob you call a Lion for an hour, much less a week. Thing is I know I won't have to. You're going to enjoy the pride that comes with wearing the Bull though.
Old 09-19-2004   #7
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan
Talking Don't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks

Don't forget this bet if i loose i have to go the rest of the year with a lions avatar,and i will do it butTHESE GUYS WON'T
Old 09-19-2004   #8
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That was the bet...
Check Post #1
Old 09-19-2004   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTEXANSWIN
Read the post by The Ogre...he mentions the LIONs avatar. So I think there was miscommunication that you did not clarify...
Orge was not involved in the bet was he?

Orge didn't make the bet did he?

Orge can say what ever he wants

And you can go flame someone else partnah'
Old 09-19-2004   #10
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan
Default A man of Honor

Quote:

OK HERE IT GOES BUT I AM HERE TO SAY CARR DOES NOT SUCK,I LOST A BET AND I SHOULD HAVE PAID BETTER ATTENTION,BUT I WAS STILL UNDER THE ASSUMPTION IT WAS A LION AVATAR
Old 09-19-2004   #11
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickmantexanfan
OK HERE IT GOES BUT I AM HERE TO SAY CARR DOES NOT SUCK,I LOST A BET AND I SHOULD HAVE PAID BETTER ATTENTION,BUT I WAS STILL UNDER THE ASSUMPTION IT WAS A LION AVATAR
Do whatever you want, the only thing at stake is your pride and manhood.
Old 09-19-2004   #12
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Do whatever you want, the only thing at stake is your pride and manhood.

I'ts a done deal a bet is a bet,and I still have my pride and as far as my manhood it was never at stake.
Old 09-19-2004   #13
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickmantexanfan
I'ts a done deal a bet is a bet,and I still have my pride and as far as my manhood it was never at stake.
You can keep your pride, and your manhood (in that order : P) and your avatars
If you wish, there seems to be confusion about the stipulations anyway.

I'll just get ya next year
Old 09-19-2004   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

At the time you placed this post on the board your avatar was not the one you are currently using. It's clear that the people who bet with you signed up for a Lions avatar and not your current, rather tasteless one. If you want to hold them to the bet then the avatar that you were using should be sufficient. Trying to make them use this one you whipped up is a classless act.

And of course letting them out of the bet is a generous offer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read