Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2004   #1
Andre_Johnson88
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via MSN to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via Yahoo to Andre_Johnson88
Question The addition of Breuner.....

I've heard a lot about this new addition to the TE spot and am not quite sure how we picked him up.Did we get him in free agency?Or heck,maybe we had him last year and I didn't even know about him........
Old 05-05-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

We got him FA, signed him off from the Steelers. Bring some Veteran leadership to the offense and is a good blocker. I dont know much about his catching skills though.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

just curious as to how many tight ends capers plans on having on the active roster this season...so far we have miller, joppru, bruener, holloway, and murphy...i'm guessing only the top three will make the active roster?
Old 05-05-2004   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Most likely. You have 3 on your team at all times. 2 for 2 TE sets, and 1 for a backup.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #5
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Bruener

I'm from the burgh and this guy brings alot. He can catch, but was never really given the opportunity. This will really help us disguise our offfense. We won;t be as predictable!!! And he's a tackle style blocker!
Old 05-06-2004   #6
BigTex
Rookie

Bruener is a GREAT blockinh TE. It is like having another tackle on the line with you, his hands are ok but there is room for improvment but pittbull is right he has yet been given an opportunity to catch passes.
Old 05-08-2004   #7
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I will be watching to see what Bruener does this year. I can't wait to see a LB getting pushed back while DD is coming full speed ahead.
Old 05-08-2004   #8
TexanNut
Veteran

Saw a highlight with this guy in it on nfl network. His helmut was knocked off and he was still going full speed with no hesitation.
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #9
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Most guys in the NFL go full speed ahead without a helmet on...it's called heart. It's also the main reason they get to where they are.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read