Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Are the Texans using the weight room too much?

Seems like we have a lot of groin injuries again. I'm beginning to wonder if the team is stressing their musscles to much. Is the team streching enough? I see DD has a puffy knee. It looks like we are heading back to the same problems we had a year ago and I don't think many of us were happy with that situation. Some of you are more versed in this subject than I am, but it certainly seems like its becoming all too common. Yes, some injuries are expected, but we seem to get the no return kinds of injuries and the ones that take an awfully long time to heal. Our we bulking up too much and not lengthening the musscles? I know the trainer is suppose to be one of the best, but may be he's going too far with some of this.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Here is your answer.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I must admit I like the message on the wall.
Old 08-07-2004   #4
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

It will take your body a while to adjust to a heightened level of activity. Even throwing the weights around won't fully prepare you for training camp. I'm sure these bugs (except Joppru) will iron themselves out as training camp and the preseason progress.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Injuries are common in the NFL. It's a tough, physical game played by guys with the craziest ratios of size/speed on the planet (for a team based game). You just happen to follow our team. Other teams have their share too, trust me on that. That is why it is important to be a deep team and the foundation of why expansion teams don't generally win in the NFL right off the bat.

Quote:
Running back Chris Brown also sat out practice Thursday with a tight right hamstring. He pulled his left hamstring early in training camp last year, which limited him to 11 games. Fisher said he wasn't concerned.

"When players feel tight and can't get loose, we're going to back them down. We're trying to be smart about this, and hopefully he can get back on the practice field [Friday] afternoon," Fisher said.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

V I posted this to get some response from some of you who know more than me on this, but its just that it seems like we have a lot of hamstring injuries. Even Glenn was having some problems again. I wondered if we were doing too many things with the legs to the point of causing deteriation rather than a bulid up of the legs. In some of the pictures it looks like they have been doing some very strenuous things to the legs. Is it possible we are just going to far in an effort to develope the best player.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read