Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2004   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Cowboys trade?

Did the trade for Henson have any provisions with playing time? Now that Carter is gone he has moved up to second on the depth chart. Vinny still has to make it through the preseason, and with his age an injury isn't unheard of.

If Henson has to start 10 or 11 games will that bump something in that trade to move that 3rd round pick to a second or first rounder?

I dont remember if there were any restrictions on the deal. anyone remember? i could very well be wrong.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I about 98% certain that the trade did not include any playing time provisions.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #3
done88
Veteran

I think I rember their being an additional late round pick associated with playing time that Henson did not figure to get.
Old 08-04-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

It was a 3rd round pick and that is it. No escalator clauses in the trade, but Henson does have some years of his contract voided if he plays a certain amount of snaps....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #5
done88
Veteran

I was wrong this if from espn
Quote:
Originally Posted by espn
The Houston Texans have traded the rights to quarterback Drew Henson to the Dallas Cowboys for a third-round draft choice in the 2005 NFL draft, ESPN.com has learned.

Henson and the Cowboys agreed on an eight-year contract that will void to four years with modest playing time. In all eight years of the deal, the former New York Yankees third baseman will make a guaranteed minimum salary. In 2004, Henson's salary will be $238,000.

Henson, however, is guaranteed at least $3.5 million over the next four years through a roster bonus that will trigger after any season in which he meets the predetermined playing time level. The Dallas Morning News reports that Henson will receive that bonus and void the last four years of the deal if he plays just 15 percent of the team's snaps in 2004. Henson's deal also has a $1 million escalator clause. The paper reports that clause will be triggered if Henson plays 70 percent of the team's snaps in any of his first three seasons.

There are no conditions that will elevate the draft pick to a higher round based on Henson's performance.
Old 08-04-2004   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And what part of this is about my Texans

Mods Please remove this crap from this section

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read