Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2004   #1
Spider_20
Rookie

Thumbs up Who will be the Starting fullback???

Who will be the texans startin fullback they have 3 good choices

Moran-the best blockin fullback on the team without a doubt has recieving problems.

Baxter-Good reciever not a great blocker fast was a running back at New Mexico

and if they decide to put wells at fullback he may have a chance to start eventually if he shows if he can block cause he is big for a halfback 6'1 252lbs.
and he would be good for short yardage situations.
Spider_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Norris will probably start but I still see Baxter on the roster. Wells just isnt physical enough to be a FB. And for short yardage situations, I see Baxter being the goal line back, he was a very good RB in college.

I see Hollings, Davis, Norris and Baxter after the final cut but Anderson could bump Baxter out....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #3
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Wells will make the final squad. Capers is very pleased with his approach this summer and he's a very good special teamer.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #4
hook'em07carter
Rookie

The texans liked to run ace back wit 2 TE's so we myte not need to use the fullback alot
hook'em07carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook'em07carter
The texans liked to run ace back wit 2 TE's so we myte not need to use the fullback alot
They do run the ace formation a lot, but I think they run 3 WR sets a little more. But even if you dont use FBs a lot you still need a good lead blocking FB on the roster...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #6
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

No doubt Moran norris will start @ FB. Chris Palmer doesn't like involving FBs in his passing game. So Baxter or any other HB cant take away his job b/c simply hes the best by a significant margin in blocking.

I also see Wells making the team on Special Teams. So it will be Davis, Hollings, Norris, Wells, Baxter. Baxter could lose his job to jason Anderson. But i'm not sure if the Texans would keep 2 FBs and since baxter could lose the job of short-yardage rushing to Wells he might as well may not make the team.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read