Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2004   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default hazing

what does this team do to haze rookies, I live in CT so I miss most of the news like this. because some teams tape players to the goal posts and pour gatorade on them.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we condone much hazing around here. There are a few pranksters and McKinney seems to be the main one but I can't remember too much in the way of a ritual haze.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

That would fit witht he mature attitude of the organization. I don't think Dallas and Parcells have the same attitude.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I think of that bizarre deal with Sean Taylor ..(who incidently got his contract taken care of today) ... the victim of a prank gone wrong at a spring minicamp ... his vision impaired by a pile of shaving gel squirted into his face by linebacker LaVar Arrington.... too weird.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #5
Ediddy73
Veteran

I do remember that G.Walker, Sharper, and I think Foreman taped Charles Hill to a goal post, they had that on Fox during 2002 TC as well as D.Carr carrying McKinney's pads and helmet. It is just a part of the leauge. Acting like the Texans are too good to do what 31 other teams do is a little pretentious. McKinney used to stamp Peyton Manning while he was getting interviewed by local media members (for those of you who have never played, stamping is when you press your bare wet behind on someone's shirt, hence leaving an indelible print) this "we're too good to do stuff like that" attitude by most of you is down right funny. Do you really think that our room is that much different than most of the others in the leauge?(well other than the Jags because they are just plain stupid). It is a locker room not a board room.
Ediddy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I must agree with Eddie. In the end they are all football players, not golf players. They are no different than any other players. . . to a degree.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read