Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2004   #1
hook'em07carter
Rookie

Default Release of George

Does the release of eddie george and the retirement of frank wycheck help the texans any in winning the divison or gettin the wild card spot over the titans or will there replacements fuill there job and have us put two unwanted losses on our record.
hook'em07carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #2
flawedout
Rookie

of course this will help you also have to realize that Mcnair will be a yr old and he is always getting hurt, without george and wycheck, steve will have alot harder yr this yr. i dont know about taking away 2 losses but i would be very happy if we go 1-1 against the titans and the colts.
Old 07-21-2004   #3
hook'em07carter
Rookie

we play each team in our divison twice and we are 2-2 vs. the jags, 0-4 vs. the colts and also 0-4 vs. the titans. If we beat the jags both times and win 1 of the two if not even both against that colts and titans thatll put out record around 9-7 or even better if we use our potentional which would put us in the playoffs.
hook'em07carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #4
flawedout
Rookie

2-0 is possible against titans but not the colts 1-1 against the colts 2-0 against jags
5-1 in division makes us serious contenders to win the division if not we will get wild card and make playoffs,no playoff predictions from me at this time.
Old 07-22-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I don't think that Wychek's loss helps us out much because they have a very good TE in Kinney and a promising rookie TE in Troupe. The greatest benefit will be the loss of George. Although he wasn't likely to make a game breaking play, he was very capable of eating up the clock and tiring out a defense. The Titans will miss him in short yardage situations, but McNair is always a wildcard. He's proven again and again that he can play hurt, and play great at that. I don't believe McNair is ever 100% healthy. Imagine how amazing he would be if he were. The Colts are still very tough, and we will be lucky to go 1-1 against them. I don't see the Titans sweeping us this year, and we have a chance at getting both games against them. Jacksonville has a tough D, but I think we split the series with them as well. Overall we will have a very good and productive year, but I think perhaps a record no worse than 7-9 and no better than 10-6. Outside shot at the playoffs, but I wouldnt bet on it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #6
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go 5-1 in our division, well, I don't know what I'd do...but it would be extreme. If we go 3-3 in our division and split with each team, I would be extremely happy. 5-1 and I'm thinking not only playoffs but Super Bowl

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read