Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-18-2004   #1
H-TownRules
Veteran

Question Texans Win Loss Record

How many games will the Texans win this year and are there any upsets in mind? I would like to see us be a .500 team if not a over.
H-TownRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

At least 8-8, if not better. I see us beating every team in our division at least once. And I also see us beating The Packers on national telivision. We have it in us to beat The Vikings too.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9 or 8-8
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

Somewhere between 7-9 to 10-6. Really depends on injuries.
Old 07-18-2004   #5
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

while i dont think that 11-5 is out of the question by any means given the flashes we gave last season against playoff and superbowl teams, I'm fully anticipating no less than an 8-8 season...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

16-0

Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #7
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life
Default I think ...

I Think the texans may make the playoffs this year considering we can stay healthy on the field. I dont know if we can expect a superbowl this year, but there sure is enough talent on or side of the ball to make teams alittle more scared when they see or name on the schedule! Houston needs a little respect considering or well known past w/ sports!

see them at maybe 10-6 or at worst 9-7
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2004   #8
pv1999
Veteran

In our division we will sweep the Titans, Split with the Jags and get swept by the Colts.
We will beat the Bolts, Lions, Raiders, Jets, and even drive the Vikings to consider relocation to Texas (What did they build the Alamodome for anyway?).
The Broncos, Chiefs, Packers and Bears (Soldier Field will be COLD and Dave Carr is from Bakersfield) will make us look like the practice squad.
The Browns will be a toss up and whichever non playoff team wants it bad enough will get it.
Depending on injuries and luck a wildcard is possible, but...
Still a respectable season, and with a good offseason (draft, free agency, trades..) we will be an elite team in our division until our youngsters (Carr, Davis, Johnson,etc..) grow up and leave or retire.
Old 07-19-2004   #9
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Grid took my 16-0 but to be honest we will be contenders if DD can run the ball effectively that will open up the pass. If our defense can hold teams to 14 points a game we should be capable of going 10-6 or 11-5... 9-7 at worse.... just get to the tournament anything can happen.... Superbowl (it could happen)
Old 07-19-2004   #10
H-TownRules
Veteran

I think our success depends mostly on our health and our ability to defeat the teams in our division. If we can sweep the Jags and the Titans we will be in extremely good shape...it'd be nice to get a win against the Colts as well but in my eyes they are too good for us.
Old 07-19-2004   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think anything less than 8-8 will be a disappointment.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004   #12
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv1999
In our division we will sweep the Titans, Split with the Jags and get swept by the Colts.
We will beat the Bolts, Lions, Raiders, Jets, and even drive the Vikings to consider relocation to Texas (What did they build the Alamodome for anyway?).
The Broncos, Chiefs, Packers and Bears (Soldier Field will be COLD and Dave Carr is from Bakersfield) will make us look like the practice squad.
The Browns will be a toss up and whichever non playoff team wants it bad enough will get it.
I'm sorry, did you say beat the Lions in Detroit and lose to the Bears? And unsure about the Browns? Ummm...The Lions are the best of those 3 teams. Carr will have a tough day against one of the best secondaries in the league (Bly, Bryant, Marion), although DD should have a big game.
Can the Texans secondary handle a 4 WR set of Rogers, Williams, Streets, and Hakim? Not being a jerk, just curious. Not to mention KJ and Pinner to keep the LB's honest.

I'm not saying who will win, it could go either way.

But as for the topic of the thread, I see Houston going somewhere between 7 - 9 and 9 - 7, but it's a pretty tough schedule so it's hard to say.

Last edited by HoustonLionsFan; 09-05-2004 at 04:25 AM.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #13
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

10-6 with a trip to the playoffs. Hopefully they will do better than 10-6. Anything less than the playoffs will be a bad season.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say 9 wins, but they will miss out on the Wild Card because of a tiebreaker of some sort. Next year they'll just win the division to save the trouble.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004   #15
Leftc0astpunk

Hopefully good enuf to make in the playoffs if anything the wild card
Old 09-04-2004   #16
H-TownRules
Veteran

considering i originally posted this thread about 2 months ago, its nice to see how many responses there have been. I still stick with my prediction of 8-8 or 9-7.
Old 09-14-2004   #17
JEB2ATX
Rookie

Thumbs up

I see the Texans headed for a HUGE season making a run for the playoffs.

After the first loss this year is the opening game, I see the record turning for the better. They will fight hard and though Robinson will get burned a few times we will come out of it with a winning record at about 10-6.

The rook can only get better. How much worse can you get than tripping over thin air? He can only get better from this point.

JEB2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read