Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #1
cadahnic
All Pro

Default Promote Hoke and Fire Palmer.

Hoke is one of the best young coaches in the league right now, and likely up for a D-coordinator posistion next year. I say we lock him down at DC and trust me people we will be much more aggressive on defense with him running things. Fangio should not be fired just demoted and handling sub-duties. Palmer just does not get it done and he should likely be fired, but we do not have a good OC product that runs our system. Next year when we can use the offseason to get the rhetoric and new playbook in is when we get our OC. I think Capers is a good coach, probably better suited as a coordinator also, but Hoke is not ready to lead team completely but give him 4 years and he will.

Make your voices heard Texans Fans... Hoke for DC.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hoke is a defensive back coach, yet you want him to run the offense?

Don't get me wrong, I like Hoke. But I don't think him switching to the offense is going to solve the problem.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest problem I have seen on the defensive side is that they are on the field to long, which manifests itself on the offensive side of the ball.

I like Hoke, but not sure we are barking up the right tree for changes.
Old 09-15-2005   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

As I said earlier Texans84 I want Hoke as the D-Coordinator. Kaiser Toro you are on the right track. I am not saying that their is anything substantially wrong with our defense other than that they are not aggressive. Well I guess that is substantially wrong when you run a 3-4, but you made a good point. The rest of the message consisted of firing Palmer, who was terrible in Cleveland and terrible here. He has a weak playbook and we are looking as dull, predictable, and anemic as last years Jags... But we wont win as many games.
Old 09-15-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree strongly. Fire Capers (There is no Fire Capers Club) and promote Palmer to HC while keeping him in charge of the offense. Then see what happens. If the Texans offense comes to life then you know the problem was Dom. If it doesn't then hey, it's still early in the season so we've got time to Fire Palmer (Is there a Fire Palmer Club?) and promote Hoke.

Has any team ever had three coaches in one season? I sense another record coming up!
Old 09-15-2005   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Has any team ever had three coaches in one season? I sense another record coming up!
Sorry, no record.

My exhaustive research as come up with 3 teams that had three HCs in a single season: ('78 Pats, '53 Packers, & '51 Chicago Cardinals). The '61 St. Louis Cardinals had 4 head coaches...sort of. Pop Ivy was the head coach for 12 games, while Chuck Drulis, Ray Prochaska, & Ray Wilsey were "tri-head coaches" for two games (and a 2-0 record).
Old 09-15-2005   #7
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
I disagree strongly. Fire Capers (There is no Fire Capers Club) and promote Palmer to HC while keeping him in charge of the offense. Then see what happens. If the Texans offense comes to life then you know the problem was Dom. If it doesn't then hey, it's still early in the season so we've got time to Fire Palmer (Is there a Fire Palmer Club?) and promote Hoke.

I totally agree...This would not waste the season and we would be able to see what an offense that doesnt just run, run, pass does.

Get rid of Fangio as well...the complicated zone blitz is not going to work.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you are one of the few who "Gets IT" ....

We all blame Palmer for the offensive woe's .... Because IN NAME he is responsible for the offense ... But I think thats where it ends ... IN NAME.

Capers has Palmer handcuffed by his fundamental theory . Which is that you must RUN to PASS ....Capers teams have always been based on the Power Running Game and as Ive said several times ....

This Team IS NOT capable of that , they just dont have the personel . No bruiser back who can MOVE THE PILE , no DOMINANT O-line , No good TE .... The O-line lacks size / strength at the CENTER position , they also lack SPEED at the guard and tackle positions ....which means they cant PULL effectively .... They just dont have that DOWNHILL running game .
They HAVE to spread the field to run effectively . They have to get DD in the open field for him to use his strengths ... not just run him up the gut .
They need to Pass to set up the run , not run to set up the pass .... (See Philly last year.)

Palmer may be calling the plays but .... They are Capers' plays .....If they were Palmers you would see them line up w/ 4 WR ... Not the I-Formation .
Palmer is simply the scapegoat for Capers in this fiasco we call the Texans offense .....He's easy to blame because of his title .... Remove Capers and you remove the problem

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
As I said earlier Texans84 I want Hoke as the D-Coordinator.
My bad, I saw Hoke and Palmer in the same sentence and thought it was an o-coordinator thing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #10
cadahnic
All Pro

Hervoyel Capers would be better as a D. Coordinator and LB coach rather than the man running the show, but Hoke is not ready for the big time yet as a H.C. and Palmer would lead us farther down the road of degredation than any other coach other than steve spurrier.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read