Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2005   #1
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default The 2005 High School Football thread

Seriously, I think we could keep one of these going for the whole season, no?

Big matchup at Reliant today, Katy taking on The Woodlands. I am pissed that I'm in Phoenix, but I'll be listening on 610's website. Katy's got the most speed at skill positions since 2000. Woodlands has struggled in the past against teams who set out to play a physical style of ball, which is exactly what Katy does.

I'm a homer, yes, but I expect Katy to come out on top in this one.
Old 08-27-2005   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Should be a good one. Two solid programs and both well coached.

I follow 24-5A fairly close myself. Clear Lake was quite the surprise last year. Knocked off your Tigers in the last game they played.

Last edited by aj.; 08-27-2005 at 03:47 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #3
BradK10
Hall of Fame

what happened, did aj die mid-post?
Old 08-27-2005   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I accidentally hit submit mid sentence and went somewhere else.
Old 08-27-2005   #5
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

I follow 24-5A fairly close myself. Clear Lake was quite the surprise last year. Knocked off your Tigers in the last game they played.
Don't remind me. That was brutal.

I hope we destroy Woodlands, they are probably one of the most undisciplined teams in the area.
Old 08-27-2005   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

If I was in town, I would be at that game. It should be a classic.
5Atexasfootball.com has Katy ranked 6th and Woodlands 14th in state in the preseason poll. Katy is 6th or 7th in most of the polls.

What's up with the stream? Countdown to kickoff (Texans) is streaming on top of the Katy/Woodlands game..you can hear both. I think the HS game is supposed to have priority on the stream.

Last edited by aj.; 08-27-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2005   #7
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Yeah that sucks, you can also listen to the game on Texas Sports Radio Network.

http://www.tsrnsports.com/default.html

Their stream is awful, this is driving me nuts, can't hear ****.
Old 08-27-2005   #8
BradK10
Hall of Fame

i emailed their web manager at 610, tryin to find out whats up, i want a quality stream for this
Old 09-05-2005   #9
duece
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

i too mainly follow 24-5A, i played at bwood. we've been down the past couple of years, when i was there we wrecked. not the players fault though, if you catch my drift. i also follow the spring district, since i coach in it..lol. westfield is loaded. danny mccray is a complete beast. went to regional in the 200, should have made it out, goes 6-2 208, hits like a freight train. their starting qb is back...they're loaded. as i heard one coach say.."they should win it all, hands down." spring has a group of freshman that could take out almost every jv team in the state...they are very talented. in about a year or two they will be killing people left and right. if you want to see some really good football go watch spring's freshman squad, they're sick....
Old 09-07-2005   #10
HoustonHarley
Rookie

That is great that Oak upset Collins. I graduated from Oak and my little brother played there two years ago. We always had a great baseball team, but sucked at football. My step son plays for Cy Ridge. I will have to keep an eye open for Darnell Kelly. My son is only a freshman and we just moved over here, but I love high school football.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I go to Westfield High School in Spring, and the football team is one of the best in the state. We lost to Tyler Lee in the 5A State Championship after losing our star RB. However, Westfield has little to no coverage except in the Houston Chronicle.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #12
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

High school football is a joke, thread over.
Old 07-26-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
High school football is a joke, thread over.
I'm sure in possum holler it is a joke.

In Texas, Friday Night Lights is as big as life, troll.
Old 07-26-2006   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah and Texas is pretty much the only state who cares. Who cares if you are good in high school sports? A lot of slow white guys running around doesn't impress anyone. It's kind of like people who don't like college sports because they are amateurs ... well high schoolers are UBER-amateurs. I'd rather watch the WNBA.
Old 07-26-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah and Texas is pretty much the only state who cares. Who cares if you are good in high school sports? A lot of slow white guys running around doesn't impress anyone. It's kind of like people who don't like college sports because they are amateurs ... well high schoolers are UBER-amateurs. I'd rather watch the WNBA.
LaDanian Tomlinson didn't start out in the NFL...he started out in high school football in Texas.

BTW, this is the HOUSTON Sports Scene section.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
LaDanian Tomlinson didn't start out in the NFL...he started out in high school football in Texas.

BTW, this is the HOUSTON Sports Scene section.
I don't mean to rain on your parade im just saying that watching a game of 22 guys in which about 1 or 2 of them are worthy enough to ever play football again in their life isn't fun to me.

To each his own.
Old 07-26-2006   #17
Bob_A
Rookie

Quote:

As a former HS football coach I can see you just don't get it. Enjoy the WNBA

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read