Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2004   #1
prtfly4awhguy2
Rookie

Smile SI: Time for texans to go deep

i dont no how many of yall have seen this, bout i found this article on sports illistrated's web site.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
prtfly4awhguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

heh, I found the same article here... espn.com
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #3
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Thats something that I really do hopr the Texans begin to do on a regular basis, evern if they dont through deep but 2 or 3 times a game, have Bradford of Johnson go on a deep route every 3rd pass play or so, so at least you have that option. It would really spread the D and give DD more room to run in the middle.
Old 07-06-2004   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

You need good protection to go deep in the NFL. That is something expanson teams generally don't have. As our talent evolves so will our ability to exploit the entire field.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #5
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

until you have the overwhelming talent or scheme to take what you want, you take what the defense gives you. if that means 3+ yards and a cloud of dust, outlet passes to davis, slants to gaffney, or post to johnson, you take what the defense allows.

dont get me wrong, i was starving to see the deep bomb myself at least 2-3 times a game ,but those are not high percentage plays even when the defense isnt looking for it. now the threat of it is another story all together...
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see us going deep this year, because the line will be that much better. I am looking for us to do more of the "Keep the defense on their heels" type of plays and then DD runs wild. I can see it now......and it looks GOOD.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004   #7
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim
Default we'll see ...

Sounds like a plan to me. Looks good on paper but stayin healthy is unfortunatley all too hard these days. I'm excited about our potential

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read