Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-29-2014   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default San Antonio Raiders?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...g-nfl-team.ece

Quote:
Mark Davis, the owner of the Oakland Raiders, talked with San Antonio leaders on July 18 about the possibility of uprooting from California and moving to Texas, the San Antonio Express-News reported. The Raiders' lease in Oakland expires after the 2014 season.

San Antonio would offer the Alamodome as a temporary home. There are planned upgrades to the 21-year-old facility that could be ready by 2015, including new suites. The site is the home to the UT-San Antonio football team and the annual Alamo Bowl.

Davis would expect the Alamo City to build a new stadium within a few years and has indicated he seeks more of an intimate venue than a 'Jerry Jones-type facility.' And it would be expected to have a statue of his father, Al Davis, in front of it.
Bad news for Texans fans in central Texas. Austin would be Raider country and the Texans lose TV coverage there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: San Antonio Raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...g-nfl-team.ece

Bad news for Texans fans in central Texas. Austin would be Raider country and the Texans lose TV coverage there.
Very interesting you brought this up. Around the 1st of July the A's signed a 10-year lease extension at the Coliseum. When I heard that my first thought was the Raiders would never stand to play at the Coliseum for another decade. Two-and-a-half weeks later this article comes out? I think this story has validity.
Old 07-29-2014   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to have a 3rd team in Texas, even if it did recall D'nD'er...

Old 07-29-2014   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'd love to have a 3rd team in Texas, even if it did recall D'nD'er...

I would HATE IT! Guess who I would get to watch on Sunday? Cowboys and Raiders. Yeah, I know, I could watch the Texans via other outlets, but I just don't want the competition here in Austin. It's bad enough as it is.
Old 07-29-2014   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

While the NFL insists they want a team in LA????? Could be a ploy to force the NFL to subsidize a new stadium for them in LA.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. I guess if LA comes up short again on a commitment that San Antonio would be a logical choice and I believe they would do whatever necessary to make it happen.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't LA always been a little fickle in regards to football fandom?

Would moving to San Antonio give the Raiders and move stable and passionate fan base?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2014   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
While the NFL insists they want a team in LA????? Could be a ploy to force the NFL to subsidize a new stadium for them in LA.
this ^^^^ raiders do have leverage. A's have made commitment & right now a much hotter commodity, so it would behoove NFL to relocate & build new facility in LA market instead.

speaking of A's did anyone else see that classic meltdown of Chad Qualls in 9th with a 4-1 lead two outs & lose 4-7? maybe the Astros are the ones moving to San Antonio?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
this ^^^^ raiders do have leverage. A's have made commitment & right now a much hotter commodity, so it would behoove NFL to relocate & build new facility in LA market instead.

speaking of A's did anyone else see that classic meltdown of Chad Qualls in 9th with a 4-1 lead two outs & lose 4-7? maybe the Astros are the ones moving to San Antonio?
Would anyone really notice? I know this is the wrong forum, but I fear the Astros could become the new Pittsburgh Pirates under Crane.. I do not like that guy.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #10
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default third NFL team in texas

There are rumors of raiders relocating to San Antonio

(sorry I cant get the link now, I'm on my phone)

I don't really know if this will actually happen, nor if they will keep the mame or change it.

But, what name would you think could represent texas?

You cant use the lone star or cowboys (dallas team) nor bulls or texas (houston team)
And you should choose the colors carefully.

I was thinking something linked to the figure of the "sheriff" or maybe the Ranger...

The symbol could be the sheriff's star, and the colors those of the sheriffs uniform...

What do you think would be a good name/color combo?
Old 07-31-2014   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-01-2014   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Oooh.... new smilie! Can we keep this one?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Oooh.... new smilie! Can we keep this one?
Probably too niche. Really it belongs in the Matt Schaub thread, but I was too lazy to look for it
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

McCombs is old and delusional. No way Jerry allows for a San Antonio team. San Antonians bleed Cowboy blue.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

San Antonio has simply become the latest city being used as blackmail bait by the NFL.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39155 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
McCombs is old and delusional. No way Jerry allows for a San Antonio team. San Antonians bleed Cowboy blue.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

San Antonio has simply become the latest city being used as blackmail bait by the NFL.

Maybe it'll work for them like it did for us. Also, who knows how many people from California already moved down here to San Antonio and Houston.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I saw somewhere that the cowboys were the only team that doesn't participate in revenue sharing. They keep all of their profits on their merchandise. Some were citing that as the reason they signed Sam.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought I saw somewhere that the cowboys were the only team that doesn't participate in revenue sharing. They keep all of their profits on their merchandise. Some were citing that as the reason they signed Sam.
Correct: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...son-salary-cap
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry is a smart businessman, initially what he did different was sell stadium rights not team rights. This model bypassed revenue sharing and was soon adopted by others in the NFL.

From Forbes:
Quote:
The Cowboys, who are the only team in the NFL to distribute their own merchandise: The league’s new collective bargaining agreement, which began last season, specifically excludes the team’s wholesale merchandise revenue, projected to be $80 million last year, from the revenue pool shared with the players (royalties paid on Cowboys merchandise do continue to be shared with the players).
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read