Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which rookie QB starts soonest?
Jaguars QB Blake Bortles 12 21.82%
Browns QB Johnny Manziel 10 18.18%
Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater 27 49.09%
Raiders QB Derek Carr 4 7.27%
Texans QB Tom Savage 1 1.82%
Titans QB Zach Mettenberger 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which rookie QB starts soonest?

Which rookie QB starts soonest?

Placed in draft order, excluding most unlikely...
Jaguars QB Blake Bortles

Browns QB Johnny Manziel

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater

Raiders QB Derek Carr

Texans QB Tom Savage

Titans QB Zach Mettenberger
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which rookie QB starts soonest?

TB gets 1st crack....There are already stories coming about how he has surprised the coaching staff with how well he's picking up the playbook, his work habits and whatnot. We could very well see the same situation as what happened in Seattle with Russell Wilson where they just can't justify holding him back.

After that, i believe its either Derek Carr or Manziel. Carr b/c Schaub's likely to get injured playing behind that OL and no real support on offense. Manziel b/c of the fan/owner outcry and/or another injury to Hoyer.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #3
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to go with either Bridgewater or (surprise) Mettenberger. I think Locker can't avoid injury.
Old 06-24-2014   #4
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60718 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think TB is the starter for the first pre-season game coming out of camp so the best someone else can do is tie him, IMO.

So if I'm voting for next after him I'd take Derek Carr, then Bortles.

I don't think Schaub is going to last as the starter long in Oakland and I just think Bortles is the next most likely after that.

Manziel may get in there...I don't know...I doubt he actually beats out the QB ahead of him and I think if he plays it'll be because the team isn't doing well overall...
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Bridgewater has apparently looked awesome in camp and has nobody in front of him worth a crap. I think he is the most sure fire day one starter and that we're going to kick ourselves for not trading up with Seattle to get him just because he's not a system fit.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Bortles and Bridgewater are going to be starting week 1. Bortles is already popular in Orlando and the Jags are going to pick up some fans here as soon as he is starting.

Bridge is a no brainer and whom I initially wanted the Texans to grab.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bridgewater will definitely be forced into the lineup the soonest. In the draft, he was considered the most NFL-ready BUT... we'll see how long that lasts.

I think the Jags want to let Bortles develop at his own pace and they're not going to try to push him too hard or too quickly, but I don't know how successful they're going to be at that.

I had thought Savage would be pressed into duty pretty quick -- within the first 4 games -- but I'm starting to think I was wrong. Granted, it's only been a couple of days of TC and there's a long way to go but from the reports, Fitz is looking a lot better than I expected and Savage is looking like a rookie. I think the coaches and FO want Savage to develop but I don't think they feel any pressure to force him onto the field before he's ready.

I just wish he'd get ready quicker than anyone has a reasonable right to expect.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read