Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 06-22-2014   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & a 2015 Texans Mock.

Let me be the first to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year along with this 2015 Texans Mock draft:

RD 1. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
RD 2. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
RD 3. Sean Hickey, OT Syracuse
RD 3. (trade up) Damian Swann, CB Georgia

RDs 5-7 TBA
Old 06-23-2014   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & a 2015 Texans Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Let me be the first to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year along with this 2015 Texans Mock draft:

RD 1. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
RD 2. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
RD 3. Sean Hickey, OT Syracuse
RD 3. (trade up) Damian Swann, CB Georgia

RDs 5-7 TBA
I still don't know what to make of Petty yet.
His O-line was pretty good, there weren't many chances to see how he operates under pressure.

Nothing too bad, but not enough to learn about his mental make up.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

For now and based on known info:

1. QB Mariota= agree with Walter that NY may be 1.1 but I have them going with Winston
2. FS Kevin Drummond = I really wanted a CB but don't like any.
3. DT Michael Bennett= may be gone & hopefully we will not need a DT this high
4a ILB Amario Herrera from Georgia. Planned to take one in 5th but if he is here too good to pass. 6'2 244 112 T 5 for loss, 6 passes broken up, 1 INT.
4b comp WR Deontay Greenberry 6'3" 198 4.55 U. of H.
5. CB (finally) Eric Murray Minnesota 6'1" 194 4.53 physical coverage guy 2013: 10 pass breakups, 52 T, 0 INTs he is my sleeper.
Old 06-23-2014   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
For now and based on known info:

1. QB Mariota= agree with Walter that NY may be 1.1 but I have them going with Winston
2. FS Kevin Drummond = I really wanted a CB but don't like any.
3. DT Michael Bennett= may be gone & hopefully we will not need a DT this high
4a ILB Amario Herrera from Georgia. Planned to take one in 5th but if he is here too good to pass. 6'2 244 112 T 5 for loss, 6 passes broken up, 1 INT.
4b comp WR Deontay Greenberry 6'3" 198 4.55 U. of H.
5. CB (finally) Eric Murray Minnesota 6'1" 194 4.53 physical coverage guy 2013: 10 pass breakups, 52 T, 0 INTs he is my sleeper.
You did better than me, I had difficulty with Top 100 at this stage.
Old 06-23-2014   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You did better than me, I had difficulty with Top 100 at this stage.
Still early but I agree with you on Petty. As you know there are just so many guys who come out of the blue during a season, then injuries in college are so crazy simply due to numbers. You put tons of effort into a player then weeks into the season he wipes out and you start over the next season if he has one. I hated watching Nix in 2013 after his terrific 2012 & could not figure out why most notable sites kept him in first round. Sort of felt justified when he was there for us to go get in third. I probably worked poor CnD out with "what's the latest doc?".

My biggest problem is not getting enough film to review on players I am interested in. Don't know if you do this but I reduce my efforts by concentrating on players I think will help Texans an who will be available when we pick. For example, I did not watch as much of Sua'Filo as I was convinced he would be gone late first. I saw enough to want him and was thrilled when he was there #33.
Old 06-24-2014   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Still early but I agree with you on Petty. As you know there are just so many guys who come out of the blue during a season, then injuries in college are so crazy simply due to numbers. You put tons of effort into a player then weeks into the season he wipes out and you start over the next season if he has one. I hated watching Nix in 2013 after his terrific 2012 & could not figure out why most notable sites kept him in first round. Sort of felt justified when he was there for us to go get in third. I probably worked poor CnD out with "what's the latest doc?".

My biggest problem is not getting enough film to review on players I am interested in. Don't know if you do this but I reduce my efforts by concentrating on players I think will help Texans an who will be available when we pick. For example, I did not watch as much of Sua'Filo as I was convinced he would be gone late first. I saw enough to want him and was thrilled when he was there #33.
I usually start my draft season by reviewing the Top 100 high school recruits who are in their 3rd and 4th years of college to see how they're progressing. Then I check NCAA stats and make a list of the top 50 in most categories that were not in the 2014 draft. Then I scout the all american teams including small colleges and that's how a I start my evaluations. That gets you between 400-500 names and that's about all can handle in a season.

The media draftniks mostly think alike, part of group think. They're afraid to go outside of main stream, afraid of being ostracized and ridiculed. Their love for Manti Teo and Teddy Bridgewater are perfect examples of media group think.
Old 06-23-2014   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I still don't know what to make of Petty yet.
His O-line was pretty good, there weren't many chances to see how he operates under pressure.

Nothing too bad, but not enough to learn about his mental make up.
This time last year I was liking David Fales. What I like initially about Petty is how QUICKLY he makes good decisions. That said I need to study more of well he goes threw his progressions. The enigma for me is his WR, #5 Antwan Goodley, 5'10" at 225 lbs (that's a RB???).

At this point I think Petty may have the best arm is the smartest of the bunch of 2015 QBs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read