Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Quote:
Mandatory mini-camp will be virtually the same as OTAs, but they can stay on the field a little longer. The team will still be in just helmets and shorts and there will be "no contact". The teams can practice up to 3.5 hours per day with an hour of that being a walkthrough and can have two-a-days on two of the three days of practice.

The team can't have more than 10 hours of "work" for the day, they get an hour break for lunch and dinner, and can't start before 7 a.m. EDT or end later than 8:30 p.m. EDT.
Quote:
Article 22, Section 22 CBA

No mandatory veteran camp may exceed three days in length, plus one day for physical examinations . The minicamp must be conducted during the week (Monday through Friday), with physicals taking place on Monday but no practice or workouts on that day, practices on Tuesday through Thurs*day and a day off on Friday.

The minicamp must be conducted during week three or week four of Phase Three of the Club's offseason workout program. The Phase Three rules set forth in Article 21 , Section 2 (b)(iii) of this Agreement shall apply to all mini*camp activities.

Two-a-day practices shall be permitted at two of the three practice days of the Club's one mandatory minicamp, subject to the following rules:

(i) players may be on the field for a total of no more than three and one-half hours per day;

(ii) players may participate in one practice for no more than two and one-half hours of on-field activities under Phase Three rules;

(iii) the second practice may only be for the remaining portion of the players' daily three and one-half hour on-field activities and shall be limite d to walk-through instruction only;

(iv) no organized team activities (including treatment and taping) may begin prior to 7 :00 am local time or end after 8:30 pm local time, and players shall be given at least one hour for lunch and dinner each;

(v) players may only be asked to participate in Club activities for a maximum of ten hours per day including taping and treatment but excluding meal time. The on-field time limits described above shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field.

Here are the phase three rules referenced above:
  • During Phase Three, all coaches shall be allowed on the field.
  • No live contact is permitted.
  • No one-on-one offense vs . defense drills are permitted (i. e . , no offensive linemen vs. defensive linemen pass rush or pass protection drills, no wide receivers vs. defensive backs bump-and-run drills, and no one-on-one special teams drills involving both offense and defense are permitted).
  • Special teams drills (e.g., kicking team vs. return team) are permitted, provided no live contact occurs.
  • Team offense vs . team defense drills, including all drills listed in Appendix G to this Agreement, are permitted, provided no live contact occurs.
  • Clubs may require players to wear helmets; no shells are permitted during Phase Three of the Club's offseason workout program or any minicamp.
Players can be fined during each day of m.m.c. absence, losing $11,575 for first day, $23,150 for second day and $34,730 for third day and a total of $69,455 if all are missed.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans mandatory minicamp 2014: June 17-19

Coach O'Brien presser

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Bill O'Brien names Ryan Fitzpatrick the starting quarterback. #Texans

O'Brien says Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks have the upper hand over Su'a-Filo because of experience. #Texans

Su'a-Filo studied while he was away. Said he doesn't think he's too far behind. #Texans
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
Quote:
i asked. O'Brien said, politely, "That's between Andre and myself.">>>>>>> does Andre have the playbook?

O'Brien said he's not concerned about Andre Johnson catching up on his offense when/if he returns. #Texans

O'Brien felt it was important going into mandatory minicamp for the team to know who the starting QB was. #Texans

"With all three of those guys, we need just a little bit more consistency," O'Brien said of Yates, Keenum and Savage. #Texans

"He earned it. He earned it with his preparation. He earned it with his accuracy." O'Brien says of Fitzpatrick. #Texans

O'Brien is here. Ryan Fitzpatrick has been declared starter. #Texans
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
O'Brien: Keenum/Yates/Savage need a bit more consistency. Battling for backup spot. All have worked hard. #Texans

O'Brien: He's had a good offseason. He's earned it w/his prep/accuracy/command at line of scrimmage. #Texans

Bill O'Brien; Ryan Fitzpatrick is #Texans starter at QB.
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
Bill O’Brien said he still has stayed in contact with Andre Johnson. talking and texting. #Texans

All of the #Texans draft picks were at practice today [and are signed].
Quote:
Sua-Filo signed his contract and is back at practice today, as is JJ Watt who made a nice play on a batted pass and celebrated like it was a real geame.

Yates showing good zip on the ball, Keenum good deep balls

AJ did not attend. Yeatman was here on the sidelines.
--Texans All Access
Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
Quote:
O'Brien says the last year's rookie class, Swearinger/Hopkins/etc, has shown improvement. #Texans

Guards Brandon Brooks and Ben Jones still have the upper hand over Su'a-Filo, having been here longer. #Texans

Rookie Xavier Su'a-Filo returned today for practice after finishing up his academic year at UCLA. #Texans

O'Brien has spoken with and kept in contact via text with Andre Johnson. Was not here for mandatory minicamp today. #Texans

O'Brien wanted the team to know who the starter was before heading into the pre-training camp break. #Texans

O'Brien: Case, T.J., and Savage will be battling for #2. They just need more consistency. #Texans

O'Brien told team in 8 am meeting today. Said all 4 QBs have put in the work, but Fitzpatrick is the starter after earning it this offseason

Bill O'Brien starts off presser saying Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starting QB. #Texans
Greg Bailey @GregBailey13
Quote:
#Texans O'Brien: I have tremendous respect for Andre. He's a bright guy. He can pick up this system. O'Brien believes Johnson can catch up.

Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks have the upper hand in guard battle because they are veterans. Sua Filo has work to do after missing time.

O'Brien: I'm focused on players who are here. My team not working like they are distracted re: Andre Johnson absence. #Texans

Fitzpatrick timing with receivers still a work in progress. I don't know if I will keep two or three QBs. #Texans

Bill O'Brien: Fitzpatrick must continue to earn that starting job. #Texans Keenum and Yates will battle for number 2 job.

Ryan Fitzpatrick starting QB for #Texans. Per Bill O'Brien. Preparation, accuracy have been the reason.
PDS @PatDStat
Quote:
Su'a-Filo feels he is in good shape but has to get used to the pace of the offense. #Texans

#Texans offensive lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo returns after a month absence finishing up school.

Su'a-Filo said if he had a problem understanding the playbook he would call Oline Coach Paul Dunn with questions. #Texans

Fitzpatrick pointing out that O'Brien sat him down prior to talking to the team. #Texans

Fitzpatrick mentions the relationship he has built with Posey, Thomas and Bonner. #Texans

"I think the guys have really bought in what we are trying to do." Fitzpatrick on what O'Brien is doing with the #Texans.
Ryan Fitzpatrick presser

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
"Personally for me, this is kind of where I wanted to be. I wanted another shot at it. I wanted another chance to be the guy." Fitzpatrick

"I think I'm excited about it. I don't think it changes much with the way I have to continue to attack the playbook and system." Ryan Fitzpatrick #Texans
Quote:
"I think this is going to be a really fun system to play in," Fitzpatrick on #Texans new offense.
Quote:
Fitzpatrick joked when asked about getting the ball to playmakers that his 4.95 40 doesn’t get the job done in NFL like it did at Harvard.
Watt

Quote:
J.J. Watt was eating a piece of steak out of his hand before we talked to him. He told me to get my own at @HEB . Done and done.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
J.J. Watt came in with a piece of steak in his hands and was taking a bite out of it. It looked like a cookie. #newsyouneed
Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
When asked about Andre Johnson, Watt said he can just play with the guys that are on the field.

JJ Watt said his knee was fine today. Sat out of Friday's practice. #Texans
Quote:
"I felt great. Friday was just a precaution."- J.J. Watt on his knee, and missing that practice. #Texans
PDS @PatDStat
Quote:
"It is easy to buy into something when everyone is involved." Watt on O'Brien's mentality with the #Texans.

On advice Watt has given Clowney. "I am always here. I'm an open book." #Texans

"I'm not good at evaluating quarterbacks. I go get them." Watt on being asked about Fitz being named the starter. #Texans

Last edited by Playoffs; 06-17-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2014   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick has been declared starter.
*sigh*

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a garbage QB, and last year 99% of this board would have agreed with this statement.

Let the pumping begin.

Old 06-17-2014   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'll still agree with that statement till I see something to tell me otherwise
Old 06-17-2014   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*sigh*

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a garbage QB, and last year 99% of this board would have agreed with this statement.
Yeah, but he's the best we have right now, so rally time!
Old 06-17-2014   #6
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*sigh*

Let the pumping begin.

I still agree that Ryan Fitzpatrick is garbage, but what can we do now.
Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm for Savage to eventually take over mid-season.

Doesn't bode well for Keenum or Yates if they couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*sigh*

Let the pumping begin.

Take that back .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
*sigh*

So was Matt Cassel.
Old 06-17-2014   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*sigh*

Let the pumping begin.

Again, I hear the word "ACCURACY." This is the last word I would assign to Fitzpatrick once the live bullets fly. There's a reason why his TD/INT ratio has remained consistent over 10 years............he's not a good decision maker........and he is far from accurate.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #10
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Again, I hear the word "ACCURACY." This is the last word I would assign to Fitzpatrick once the live bullets fly. There's a reason why his TD/INT ratio has remained consistent over 10 years............he's not a good decision maker........and he is far from accurate.
Don't sweat it. He'll be overtaken by Savage no later than the first few regular season games. Keenum's downfall is his decision making more than anything, and Fitz can't be any worse than that.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Don't sweat it. He'll be overtaken by Savage no later than the first few regular season games. Keenum's downfall is his decision making more than anything, and Fitz can't be any worse than that.
Pickspatrick's TD/Int ratio doesn't bode well for his decision-making skills either. It's not like it's ever been very good. 23/15 24/16 are his HIGH water marks.
Old 06-17-2014   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*sigh*

Let the pumping begin.

I'm not going to pump sunshine because I agree Fitz is not a good QB, but on the other hand, I think it's entirely possible for him to have the best year of his career as a Texan, FWIW.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
*sigh*

Let the pumping begin.

I wouldn't call him garbage... that's just not my way, but I see where you're coming from.

My opinion, just like last year when Kubiak was saying there was a QB battle for the back up position & I kept saying it was just Jedi mind tricks. He knew Yates was going to be the back up & the chances of Keenum "winning" the job in camp was nil.

Same thing here. They're saying it's a competition, they named Fitz the starter, but come week 1, Keenum is going to start. This is just Jedi mind tricks, putting Keenum in this situation, again, to see how he handles it.
Old 06-17-2014   #14
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 44539 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, I hear the word "ACCURACY." This is the last word I would assign to Fitzpatrick once the live bullets fly.
I always just assume 'accuracy' is being used as a synonym for 'lack of arm strength'.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I always just assume 'accuracy' is being used as a synonym for 'lack of arm strength'.
Accuracy is a specific and very important trait for a successful QB. It's about ball placement, typically within a 2' x 2' window or smaller in the NFL and typically in short & intermediate passing in this offense.

OB has stated Fitz's accuracy has been better than the other QBs in camp, which likely means we're lacking in that trait.

Logan Thomas, a beautiful physical specimen & athlete, has massive arm strength, but could not hit the broad side of a barn.
Old 06-17-2014   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, but he's the best we have right now, so rally time!
I'll feel that way by regular season kickoff in September.

Right now, though...I just can't help but...let it sink in....Ryan Fitzpatrick....Texans....starting....QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I still agree that Ryan Fitzpatrick is garbage, but what can we do now.
Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm for Savage to eventually take over mid-season.

Doesn't bode well for Keenum or Yates if they couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick.
I hope you're right about Savage. I'm not holding my breath, but at the same time, I'm not negative on the guy. He's completely unknown to me, and as a 4th round pick, you can't really expect greatness from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not going to pump sunshine because I agree Fitz is not a good QB, but on the other hand, I think it's entirely possible for him to have the best year of his career as a Texan, FWIW.
I hope so. I'll just have to wait and see, though. When teams like the Bills, Titans, Bengals, or Rams don't want a player, I can only hope that O'Brien is able to pull from Fitzpatrick what four other coaching staffs were unable to pull.

Just curious, I keep hearing that O'Brien is a so-called "QB guru", but, what is this from? I do not see anything in his career that indicates the ability to take below average QBs and make them good.
Old 06-17-2014   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'll feel that way by regular season kickoff in September.

Right now, though...I just can't help but...let it sink in....Ryan Fitzpatrick....Texans....starting....QB
I know how I felt when he took over for Tennessee. As a comparison, I thought Jacksonville was in better shape with Henne starting.
Old 06-17-2014   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
Jonathan Grimes looks as if his burst may be improved this year. Tom Savage is still taking too long with his progressions.

Alec Lemon beat Elbert Mack on a deep corner route & Case Keenum placed the ball perfectly on the outstretched hands of Lemon.

Fitzpatrick showed some of his veteran ability today. Rolled right, S Clemons blanketed TE Griffin. Fitz placed ball back inside for comp

Case Keenum rolled right & threw a perfect touch pass into the deep corner of the EZ & Grimes went up & pulled in a two-foot tap Touchdown.

The #Texans defense showed a new wrinkle today that I haven't seen all offseason. Smart staff.

Max Bullough played tight coverage on TE Ryan Griffin & before Griffin could complete the catch, Bullough ripped the ball out.

Mandatory #Texans notes: Dennis Johnson is impossible to cover in the flat when he darts out of the backfield in the passing game.
Old 06-17-2014   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Accuracy is a specific and very important trait for a successful QB. It's about ball placement, typically within a 2' x 2' window or smaller in the NFL and typically in short & intermediate passing in this offense.

OB has stated Fitz's accuracy has been better than the other QBs in camp, which likely means we're lacking in that trait.

Logan Thomas, a beautiful physical specimen & athlete, has massive arm strength, but could not hit the broad side of a barn.
Then, on the other hand, Fitzpatrick, despite the fact that he does not have the massive arm strength, can still hit the broad side of a barn.........as long as he is standing inside the barn.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014   #20
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10842 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then, on the other hand, Fitzpatrick, despite the fact that he does not have the massive arm strength, can still hit the broad side of a barn.........as long as he is standing inside the barn.
Given Fritz's track record for decision making, I wouldn't be surprised if he was throwing the ball the other way.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read