Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB will be waived?
Fitzgerald 2 1.90%
Savage 0 0%
Keenum 41 39.05%
Yates 62 59.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2014   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which QB will be waived?

It's being reported that OB wants to go into training camp with only 3 QB's. So, who do you feel will be the odd man out?

EDIT: It should be Fitzpatrick, instead of Fitzgerald. I had a brain fart.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!

Last edited by Hottoddie; 06-12-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: How do you edit the poll?
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which QB will be waived?

I wanted to vote for Yates, but I can't shake the feeling it's going to be Keenum.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #3
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136056 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Yates will be cut. One thing that's been noted about keenum is his exuberance for the game. OB likes football guys. I think keenum fits the offense a little better...jmo. I also think he has the higher upside.

I never got the feeling from Yates that he was dying to be a starter. I just didn't get the vibe that he wanted to be the guy...the leader.

But I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes there. Going to be interesting to discuss when it happens.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked the wrong guy, LOL.
I meant to pick Yates.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #5
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Yates fits the mold that OB looks for in a QB and according to rumors, they had an offer for a late round pick in the last draft for Yates and declined.

So I think Keenum is going to be cut but I hope not because I really don't like Yates.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I think Yates fits the mold that OB looks for in a QB and according to rumors, they had an offer for a late round pick in the last draft for Yates and declined.

So I think Keenum is going to be cut but I hope not because I really don't like Yates.
^^This ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #7
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I think Yates fits the mold that OB looks for in a QB and according to rumors, they had an offer for a late round pick in the last draft for Yates and declined. <snip>
Until we have a direct quote from a team insider, I have to believe it's just that, a rumor. They couldn't be crazy enough to refuse a pick in exchange for Yates.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2014   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think that Keenum's hometown fanfare is gonna keep him on the roster and conversely get Yates cut.

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgement on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think of Yates these days as a "camp arm", he was chosen specifically to run Kubiak's system. The only way I see BoB hanging on to him is he sees more upside than Keenum.
Old 06-12-2014   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember reading that Yates had injury concerns that affected his chances of winning the backup job last season. I can't search for a source for that since I'm at work.

What works in Keenum's favor is that he has more of a tendency to keep his eyes downfield, and he's accurate.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #11
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I honestly think that Keenum's hometown fanfare is gonna keep him on the roster and conversely get Yates cut.

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgement on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.
That, I think, is one of the reasons he's going to get cut. If he's not appreciably better than Yates, than OB will want no part of the circus that a local undrafted QB superstar can potentially create.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have nothing against Case, but I do seriously wonder how folks around here would perceive him if he was the UDFA QB from Wisconsin State.

I honestly think we've got four clipboard holders on the roster right now. Maybe they prove otherwise this season, but what I expect is to see a formidable defensive unit being built and a rather anemic offense that tries to avoid losing games.
Old 06-12-2014   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
That, I think, is one of the reasons he's going to get cut. If he's not appreciably better than Yates, than OB will want no part of the circus that a local undrafted QB superstar can potentially create.
Lots of people go to circus enjoy and spend lots of money. What NFL owner does not want that? QB (or any position) controversy does not have to be a negative especially with strong coaches. Also why does a player have to be "appreciably" better to be selected? Yates and Keenum costs and age are about equal so could not a "slightly" or even a"minuscule" better player be selected, especially if O'Brien is as smart as it is said? Not trying to play word games but I don't think any of the QBs have to be much better than others to be on roster, with maybe the exception of Savage but even then if the other three are better, store him and if he is taken, so be it.
Old 06-13-2014   #14
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
So, either OB does not have control of the 53 man roster, or he's not the man for the job? Is that about right?
Old 06-12-2014   #15
No Worries
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 No Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respectedNo Worries is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that it is Fitzpatrick. That would mean that he got outplayed by both Yates and Keenum. Fitzpatrick is a placehoilder. The faster he is gone, the better it will be for the Texans.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see the future so I din't vote. That and it's pointless. Like Herv said: :

Doc Jean brings up some really good points though. O'Brien seems to be very thorough in every step he's taken to this point so it would really surprise me to find out that he wouldn't know about T.J.'s health issues. I would think that he would take that under consideration for the exact reasons Doc stated. If he's still having issues or the condition has become chronic it seems to me that it would show in his mechanics when he get's his chance at the rotation. I don't know at all how these go but O'Brien has stated that only three of the four are getting reps on a given day. I've been trying to figure out how he's been splitting them. One sitting out every third day? One of two sitting out every other day? , but I'd sure like to.

Again, not voting but I'd be of the mindset that if T.J. has fully recovered and doesn't have a chronic health issue that he'll make the cut. If he does or is showing signs of same then Kenuum would get the nod by default.

Then Vinny poses, what I think, is a possibly valid scenario and that's not an option on the poll...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #17
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11234 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You've got your head so far up Keenum's ass you can't even admit that fan influence has some bearing on coaching decisions...& that is more sad and sillier than anything i typed in my last post b/c it shows your obvious bias. My post wasn't an attempt at anything other than to convey my thoughts on the hypocrisy of many of you Keenum sympathizers. You honestly make your cohorts (Hervy) look bad with this kinda crap.

& the worst part in your ridiculous rant is the bolded. All that crap is assumptions on your part. You have absolutely no clue about what i will think if he's kept.

Stop trying to be Ms. Cleo and stick to your day job.

I completely disagree with the fans playing a role in decision making because if that's was the case then Manziel would have been drafted.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corytx8 View Post
I completely disagree with the fans playing a role in decision making because if that's was the case then Manziel would have been drafted.
Right...but then we see Manziel drafted by a team whose owner reportedly was "convinced" by a bum on the street to draft Manziel....Then we hear that Manziel wasn't even the qb they were planning on drafting until the very last minute...Owner's are fans too. Just b/c their influence on the coach matters more than ours doesn't mean that it's no less fan influence that can affect coaching decisions.

You don't think Schaub getting booed at home for his poor performances didn't influence the owner/coach into blowing right by Yates and starting Keenum? What coach skips over his 2nd string qb to go to his 3rd string qb?

Everyone remember the offseason of 2011? Fans were in an uproar because of how bad Frank Bush's defense was. I remember seeing fans on the news threatening not to support the team anymore if a credible defensive mind (not another one of Kubiak's cronies) wasn't brought in to fix the team's defense. Some time later Wade Phillips was spotted entering Reliant.

People like to act like McNair isn't a fan of this team and he doesn't hear the fans; trust, he does. What's more is the people around him who are fans of the team & have considerable influence on him hear us too. It's not a stretch at all to believe that fan influence might have at least a little something to do with Keenum staying on board here. Obviously he'll have to show a little something to warrant sticking around but the fanfare could very well be the deciding factor between he and Yates who both are pretty much the same guy in terms of upside imo.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read