Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-01-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Playoff Parity: Your AFC Projection

I posted this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still think we're going to be competitive next season though. I believe we have a stronger core than most of the teams on our schedule. I don't think we'll be in the division hunt come December, but we'll be a strong contender for a Wild Card.
Got me to thinking about the play off turnover that usually happens from year to year. Most specifically, the AFC.
Quote:
The NFL proudly trumpets its playoff parity, with an average of five new teams making the postseason annually since 2000. Last season, six teams made the playoffs that didn't in 2010 -- Texans, Broncos, Bengals, 49ers, Giants and Lions. With that in mind, which five 2011 playoff teams won't be back and who will replace them?
That was a couple of years back. In 2013, the AFC Play off teams were
  1. Denver Broncos
  2. New England Patriots
  3. Cincinnati Bengals
  4. Indianapolis Colts
  5. Kansas City Chiefs
  6. San Diego Chargers

Both Kansas City (2-14) & San Diego (7-9) missed the play-offs in 2012. The Chiefs had a pretty good year finishing 11-5, the Chargers got in at 9-7 after beating the Chiefs in week 17. Had they lost that game, then the Pittsburgh Steelers would have won the final Wild-Card slot at 8-8.

So... it's a little early, but the idea is to get your early outlook for the upcoming season, who do you think will be in & who will be out of the 2014 AFC play offs?
Old 04-01-2014   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff Parity: Your AFC Projection

Granted that it's WAY too early...

I expect the Division Winners to be:

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Broncos

I expect the Wild Card teams to be:

1. Bengals
2. Chargers

I expect KC to drop back. And I'm half-expecting the Bengals to fall all the way out of the playoffs as well.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Broncos

1. Bengals
2. Chargers

I expect KC to drop back. And I'm half-expecting the Bengals to fall all the way out of the playoffs as well.

I think if we split with the Colts we will push them to the very end. They get the Pats and Broncos this time around and I don't see them beating either.
Old 04-01-2014   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking
  1. Patriots
  2. Broncos
  3. Bengals
  4. Colts
  5. Texans
  6. Steelers

Chiefs & Chargers out. Texans & Steelers take their place.
Old 04-01-2014   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My best guess at this point:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. Cincinnati

7. San Diego
8. Pittsburgh
9. New York
10. Houston

Definitely feel that after next season we will start to see a serious contender again though. I really think O'Brien has a plan.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My best guess at this point:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. Cincinnati

7. San Diego
8. Pittsburgh
9. New York
10. Houston.
You've got us being better than
  • Clevland
  • Jacksonville
  • Oakland
  • Buffalo
  • Tennessee
  • Miami

You sure we can't be better than New York?
Old 04-08-2014   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Broncos

1. Bengals
2. Chargers

No way in Hell the Texans don't win the division. The cots are the most over rated team with the most over rated QB in the NFL.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2014   #8
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Texans
4. Steelers
5. Dolphins
6. Chiefs

Texanstalk board erupts in fit of hate on Texans for winning crappy division because "it was supposed to take 3 to 4 years of rebuilding damnit".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read