Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2014   #1
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Johnson said Ahman Green Faked his injuries

On 610 right now.

Said Ahman was a big cartoon video game guy and all he wanted to do was play video games. He said Ahman would practice hard at times, and then all of a sudden he'd just mail it in. Claim something was hurt. He said Kubiak told the team Ahman was going on IR because he (Ahman) didn't feel like he could go. He said Ahman was always saying he was doing this innovative exercise or using some tiger balm or something that he had to order...and then he'd come back and say it didn't work...

Travis said he doesn't think Ahman ever had any intention of playing football here and giving it his all. Would run hard in no or limited contact practices and then on Friday or Saturday some mystery ailment would come up.

He said Ahman was no doubt here for a 100% Cash Grab. No doubt in his mind.

Medical staff said they didn't know what was wrong with him. Couldn't find anything.

Ahman said Rick Smith accused him of faking injuries. Travis said Rick Smith was 100% right.

Travis does not like Ahman Green and he said that one of the things he disliked about him most was in 2008 around election time he asked Ahman if he was going to vote and he said he didn't believe in voting because as a kid it interfered with his cartoons.

He said if you asked most of the guys that were on the team at the time, they'd agree with him about Ahman. He said that a lot of the guys were really excited about getting Ahman Green and it was a big let down once they saw what he was really about.

Was pretty funny stuff.

Anyways, I like Travis because he'd not afraid to pull the curtain back.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson said Ahman Green Faked his injuries

Anything TJ says can be taken with a large grain of salt.
Old 03-14-2014   #3
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
To be fair, this is from Ahman Green himself:

Quote:
“Rick Smith called me into his office . . . and he didn’t know how to start the conversation so he just went right out and said it: ‘Ahman are you faking your injury?’ And I kind of took a step back. . . . It was like a wow. This was probably the biggest eye-opening thing I ever experienced in my professional career,” Green told Sean Pendergast on 1560 The Game in Houston Thursday.

“It took me everything in my power not to do something that I would have regretted,” Green said.

Immediately after that, Green asked to be let out of Houston.
So apparently TJ wasn't the only one who felt that way. And I can't see Rick smith calling a player in and asking him that without having discussed it with anyone else at Reliant...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-m-rick-smith/
Old 03-14-2014   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

travis johnson needs to think before he speaks. was listening to him today and he was saying how much he respected greg jones because greg jones didnt want to retire because it would be disrespectful to those players who still wanted to play but couldnt because of their body or because they didnt have a chance. Then 10 mins later he talks about casey hampton and how players need to find the best fit for them, for casey it was pittsburg because he didnt have to practice and only had to play on sunday.

so which is it tj, respect someone for being in tip top shape and doing the work or respect someone for being a lazy fat ass where he can get the most without the work
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I think Travis is one of those guys that doesn't sugar coat stuff and isn't P.C. He seems like the type that has no filter and just tells it like it is.. So I actually put more weight into his comments than somebody else's. The guy was a bust, but it doesn't mean he's dishonest.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #6
_King_
All Pro

Really wasn't posting this to be about Travis (I like him but I'm not about to waste my time defending him), but more about people who have expressed opinions in the past that they believe Ahman Green mailed it in -- Or didn't.

And Also about how the front office has made these types of signings and gotten very little out of the players.
Old 03-14-2014   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait a minute, is he talking about Ahman Green or Ed Reed?

Both of these jokers have convinced me of the folly of chasing overpriced and over-the-hill free agents unless they are HoF QBs.
Old 03-14-2014   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Wait a minute, is he talking about Ahman Green or Ed Reed?

Both of these jokers have convinced me of the folly of chasing overpriced and over-the-hill free agents unless they are HoF QBs.
LFMAO!! Well played sir!

That said, TJ isn't the total Jerkoff I used think him to be!!!!

As an aside, PHYCK Trent Green!!
Old 03-14-2014   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think Travis is one of those guys that doesn't sugar coat stuff and isn't P.C. He seems like the type that has no filter and just tells it like it is.. So I actually put more weight into his comments than somebody else's. The guy was a bust, but it doesn't mean he's dishonest.
For a guy who harps on a certain code of honor and brotherhood amongst players and keeping things in house TJ doesn't seem to have a problem airing out private matters pertaining to former teammates. Travis is honest and I can appreciate that, but he also comes off as dumb and as a radio personality or knowledgeable football person I think he comes up waaaaaaaay short.
Old 03-14-2014   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honest does not equal right or true
Old 03-14-2014   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that too. I couldn't believe he was saying it, but I can believe its true.

I actually like TJ on the radio, he is not afraid to tell it like it is, and I dig that.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
For a guy who harps on a certain code of honor and brotherhood amongst players and keeping things in house TJ doesn't seem to have a problem airing out private matters pertaining to former teammates. Travis is honest and I can appreciate that, but he also comes off as dumb and as a radio personality or knowledgeable football person I think he comes up waaaaaaaay short.
He's not part of that fraternity any more.. Ex players do this all the time when they join the media, especially if they didn't like the player they're talking about. Still though I bet he still has a bunch of stories (parties, strippers, and drugs etc) about other players who he doesn't out. All this tells me is Ahman wasn't really respected by his fellow teammates who he shared a locker room with.
Old 03-14-2014   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

F em both
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #14
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Those are some big words coming from a big-time bust. I wish we could go back in time and draft a Super Bowl winning and MVP caliber player like Aaron Rodgers instead of Travis Johnson. Oh the blunders we've made with some of our first-round picks over the years. Hindsight is 20-20, yeah, yeah, yeah...
Old 03-15-2014   #15
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 33444 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Those are some big words coming from a big-time bust. I wish we could go back in time and draft a Super Bowl winning and MVP caliber player like Aaron Rodgers instead of Travis Johnson. Oh the blunders we've made with some of our first-round picks over the years. Hindsight is 20-20, yeah, yeah, yeah...
You can hardly call Travis responsible for the Texans' misevaluating him. They reached for him. They're bad. I've yet to hear anyone blaming Travis for a lack of effort. Him not living up production wise doesn't negate his having an opinion of an ex-teammate he saw as cashing a paycheck from the trainer's table.
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
You can hardly call Travis responsible for the Texans' misevaluating him. They reached for him. They're bad. I've yet to hear anyone blaming Travis for a lack of effort. Him not living up production wise doesn't negate his having an opinion of an ex-teammate he saw as cashing a paycheck from the trainer's table.
Travis Johnson was the top ranked DT in 2005. Mel Kiper had him as the #8 prospect. He wasn't considered a reach or a bad pick at the time, he just didn't work out. For example Walters Football:

Quote:
Good Moves: Houston's draft is headlined by two terrific players. The Texans chose DT Travis Johnson with their first-round pick, while WR Jerome Mathis may have been the steal of the draft in the fourth round. Mathis will eventually be the number-two receiver across from Andre Johnson.

Bad Moves: All other picks were questionable. Did the Texans need to draft a backup running back in the third round? Why wasn't the offensive line addressed?
Link
Old 03-15-2014   #17
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 33444 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Travis Johnson was the top ranked DT in 2005. Mel Kiper had him as the #8 prospect. He wasn't considered a reach or a bad pick at the time, he just didn't work out. For example Walters Football:

Link
Saying we reached on him was a poor choice of words. I personally thought at the time that he was being overvalued due to my being such a big FSU fan and believing that he was freed up by a lot of talented guys around him to make plays and look better.

But beyond that, my point was that whether he lived up to anyone's expectations or not never seemed to be blamed on Travis for a lack of effort. Which was pretty much his gripe against Ahman to begin with. That Ahman never had any intention to give a crap and was there only for a last ditch contract. There are those who say it's silly of Travis to sh*t on Ahman after Travis's lack of production, but again, I think effort and giving a crap is more the core of the issue.
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
This. He was never a top 15 type player. Not his fault that he was drafted as one and expected to switch positions and be a stud.
Old 03-16-2014   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Being a bust doesn't have anything to do with his belief that Ahman was faking injuries or was sitting out of games. Rick Smith never played a down in the NFL and he had the same thought.. as well as other posters here at the time. The words really aren't that big, he's just the one who publicly said what everyone else was thinking and the fact that he did say it makes me thing he wasn't the only player in that locker room thinking it, he's just the one that now has a mic, was asked the question, and doesn't mind saying it.
Old 03-16-2014   #20
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I just feel very frustrated that here we are as a hopeless franchise without a reliable quarterback, coming off another 2-14 season for the second time since 2005. And everybody is saying we have to draft a quarterback number one overall which is total BS!!! The Texans passed on the likes of Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and even Joe Flacco. All of which are deemed franchise QBs who have won Super Bowls before. But yet all of a sudden Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles or Johnny Manziel are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? Please.

Ahman Green had a fine career in Green Bay. He was too old and washed up when he signed that contract with the Texans. No different than say Eric Moulds, who was a really good wide receiver in his prime.

It just seems like the Houston Texans are a day late and a dollar short. It's not like the teams that win Super Bowls have a big advantage over us. They just get lucky and make the right personnel decisions. This team doesn't do that consistently enough because Rick Smith, I'd argue, isn't a good general manager. He's ranked 16th out of 32 according to some recent article. He'd be lower if not for a few home runs like J.J. Watt in the first round and Arian Foster (undrafted).

Heck, where is Sam Montgomery and Trevardo Williams at? We needed that pass-rushing help off the freakin' edge. Both of these guys will be working the cash-out lane at Target soon. I don't know if Sam Montgomery is going to catch on with a third or fourth NFL team this training camp. We blew a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick on those two players. Those are the type of things Rick Smith does far too often.

Chris Jones in the sixth-round has some promise.
Oh yeah, he played well with the Patriots instead.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read