Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-27-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Jeremiah: QBs have slight drop.

Jeremiah has Manziel going first (among QBs) at #5 to the Raiders.
  1. Texans_____ Jadeveon Clowney
  2. Rams______ Greg Robinson
  3. Jaguars_____Khalil Mack
  4. Browns _____Sammy Watkins
  5. Raiders ____ Johnny Manziel
  6. Falcons ____ Jake Matthews
  7. Buccaneers _ Blake Bortles
  8. Vikings ____Teddy Bridgewater
  9. Buffalo ____ Mike Evans
  10. Lions _____ Justin Gilbert

I don't know how "realistic" this draft looks, but if for whatever reason the draft were to fall this way, my thoughts regarding the "top 3" QBs & where they fell.
  • Manziel to the Raiders
    It's going to be fun watching him play. I'm not going to be concerned if he wins or loses, the Raiders W-L means nothing to me other than whether we'll play them next year or not. I think the Raiders are missing more than a QB & failing to find one in the last 10 years should tell them something.

Keeping Dennis Allen is a step in the right direction. This team needs stability.
  • Bortles to the Buccaneers
    I find it hard to believe Lovie Smith will draft a QB in this draft. I like Bortles.... I like him in this offense. It will be interesting to watch.

• Bridgewater to the Vikings... I like this. I think it's a good fit, in the long run. I don't think the Vikings are "just missing a QB" but it can't hurt.
Old 02-27-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jeremiah: QBs have slight drop.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103789
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ah.. yes. But the conversation is about our draft pick & how it affects our team. I'd like to know what others think about these QBs with these teams.
Old 02-27-2014   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel as a Raider I've thought is almost two fitting. Draft's most polarizing player for most polarizing team. Raiders do need a long term fit at QB. Pryor showed some flashes but you got to wonder if it's enough to satisfy Allen and the rest of the FO. If this was Al David years, this move would almost be a lock. Most Raider fans I've talked to seen to hope TB falls.

Bortles in Tampa? I know they're not totally sold on Glennon, but is Bottles going to be that big of an upgrade? One thing is for sure Bortles pro day and arm strength could shake up top of this draft.

If Bridgewater falls to Bikes, great match for them. Ponder was always a terrible reach and I'm sure the FO will let him compete for the spot, but Ponder just doesn't have "it". With much more likely steady play from Bridgewater and AP.... This really could be the Tightest division race next year in the NFL.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Manziel as a Raider I've thought is almost two fitting. Draft's most polarizing player for most polarizing team. Raiders do need a long term fit at QB. Pryor showed some flashes but you got to wonder if it's enough to satisfy Allen and the rest of the FO. If this was Al David years, this move would almost be a lock. Most Raider fans I've talked to seen to hope TB falls.
The only thing that would produce more drama is if Jerrah traded up and snagged Manziel... I know, not bloody likely with the contract they just gave Romo but man, I can just hear the chants for Manziel every time Romo throws a pick.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
If Bridgewater falls to Bikes, great match for them. Ponder was always a terrible reach and I'm sure the FO will let him compete for the spot, but Ponder just doesn't have "it". With much more likely steady play from Bridgewater and AP.... This really could be the Tightest division race next year in the NFL.
& Jennings may become a star again. The more I think about it, the Vikings may be the best landing spot for any of these QBs, next to Houston of course.
Old 02-28-2014   #7
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care where manziel goes. As long as it isn't here. Bridgewater...he'd make the Vikings a formidable team and it'd be ashamed to have passed on a franchise guy. Jmo.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read