Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-18-2014   #1
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 2014 Preview - CBS EYE-on-Footall

Link
Quote:
Ridiculously Premature Prediction for 2014

There's enough talent on offense, minus a quarterback, and enough available assets for this team that a bounceback looks completely conceivable. The Texans play in perhaps the weakest division in the NFL and O'Brien should be able to fix the offense quickly. Romeo Crennel's been real bad as a head coach, but he's had success as a defensive coordinator. It's not a stretch to see the Texans returning to a 2012-level-ish of success if they can put some pieces around Watt.

Expecting double-digit wins is out of the question but that should apply to just about every team in the league at this time of year. It's much harder to win 10 games in the NFL than people would like to think. I want to be optimistic given the changes but getting burned by 2013 holds me back until we see who they've got under center.

Predicted Record: 8-8
My sentiments exactly. And I will also add, until I see who O'Brien trots out there as his offensive line.

If this article has been posted elsewhere, feel free to delete this thread or move this post where it belongs.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 Preview - CBS EYE-on-Footall

this team does not have has much Superstars or talent up and down the roster has people on the outside think bottom line right now we are not that talent does not mean we cant be just have younger guys step up

and 8-8 man I hope that's the high mark

I was thinking me like 5-11 6-10
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
this team does not have has much Superstars or talent up and down the roster has people on the outside think bottom line right now we are not that talent does not mean we cant be just have younger guys step up
You thought AJ was washed up 4 years ago and continue to harp on it. Sorry, don't trust your talent evaluation.
Old 02-18-2014   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The entire quoted paragraph is useless observation.

They are good, but not bad. I think they can turn it around. The wear blue. And like hot weather.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with 15 and 1 personally...........
Old 02-18-2014   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166327 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
The entire quoted paragraph is useless observation.

They are good, but not bad. I think they can turn it around. The wear blue. And like hot weather.
Where does it say anything about weather or color preferences?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #7
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

All you guys are downers, i am expecting 10-14 wins, and an AFC championship game apperance. And then Houstons first ever Lombardi Trophy !!! Yeah that is my expectations
Old 02-18-2014   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You thought AJ was washed up 4 years ago and continue to harp on it. Sorry, don't trust your talent evaluation.
I didn't say that I think other NFL players were saying hes a glorfied Physical SLot reciver will get u those 4 to 6 yard chain movers

kinda like anquin Boldin
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #9
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see 8 wins out of this roster at all. Rick Smith is still picking players.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I didn't say that I think other NFL players were saying hes a glorfied Physical SLot reciver will get u those 4 to 6 yard chain movers

kinda like anquin Boldin
Who?

FYI - in a year without a QB AJ was 12.9 ypr. His last 2 years he had more receptions over 20 yards than any other stretch of his career.

Wanna try again?
Old 02-18-2014   #11
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now I'm guessing 8-8 but it's too early for a firm prediction, until we see the draft and the free agent market.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Lmao!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read