Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-17-2014   #1
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bringing Antonio Back

Just heard Antonio say on the radio that he talked to BOB and they both got a really good vibe about Each other. Antonio said he clicked with him pretty fast. Both expressed interest about Antonio coming back. Antonio said his agent has been talking with the Texans and saying positive things about a deal getting done.

How do you guys feel about that?

If a deal gets done does that change your thoughts on the defense Romeo will employ?

I realize that this could all be fluff talk, but Antonio sounded sincere to me and it wasn't one of those generic "well we'll see what happens" kind of answers. He really wants to be back IMO.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #2
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bringing Antonio Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Just heard Antonio say on the radio that he talked to BOB and they both got a really good vibe about Each other. Antonio said he clicked with him pretty fast. Both expressed interest about Antonio coming back. Antonio said his agent has been talking with the Texans and saying positive things about a deal getting done.

How do you guys feel about that?

If a deal gets done does that change your thoughts on the defense Romeo will employ?

I realize that this could all be fluff talk, but Antonio sounded sincere to me and it wasn't one of those generic "well we'll see what happens" kind of answers. He really wants to be back IMO.
It either will or won't happen before the draft. At least it won't be drawn out.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Antonio back. Given his age, position and performance I think he can be an above average performer for another 3 years. I think Antonio knows if he goes for the highest dollar contract he is likely to not complete it and end up bouncing trying to get to those 3 years so will be very interested in a contract for 3-4 years he believes he can play out - say something in the 3 years, $13.5 mil range and that would be in the Texans best interest as well. But who knows.
Old 02-17-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I likes me some Smiff... hope he's a fit and the price is right.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready to move on from the party boy Antonio type.

He's been here for along time. He's very overrated. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #6
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Agreed. I think it's time to move on. A lot of young and exciting players in this draft that we can land. We need an infusion of young talent on the defensive side of the ball. Our pass rush and the entire front seven can greatly improve. J.J. Watt and a healthy Brian Cushing can't do it by themselves.
Old 02-17-2014   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think Antonio is a rock!

He's been one the most consistent players we have had in his time here.
Old 02-17-2014   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I think Antonio is a rock!

He's been one the most consistent players we have had in his time here.
Consistently avg?

Consistently overpaid?

Consistently providing the wrong kind of leadership?

Jumping offsides before the Jags hailmary giving the Jags the yds needed to almost throw the ball to the endzone.
Old 02-22-2014   #9
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell me about it...last time he had a party someone turned up DEAD
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Scoreboard

People who have died at party

SB=0
AS=1
Old 02-27-2014   #11
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I know this thread is old, but how are you so sure he hasn't thrown any parties since then?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I would like to see Antonio back. Given his age, position and performance I think he can be an above average performer for another 3 years. I think Antonio knows if he goes for the highest dollar contract he is likely to not complete it and end up bouncing trying to get to those 3 years so will be very interested in a contract for 3-4 years he believes he can play out - say something in the 3 years, $13.5 mil range and that would be in the Texans best interest as well. But who knows.
My thoughts, as well. Plus he's a leader, which is something the new coaching staff will need in their first year.
Old 02-18-2014   #13
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Pretty much my feelings. He's a good player. Not great but still effective. Hell, he's been our only 'other' consistent pass rusher. I do wish he would maintain his running lanes a bit better but that could come with the proper scheme/coaching. He plays hard all the time, is a leader and gives the team some attitude so would like him back with a reasonable cost of course. Plus, this isn't Madden. You can't just let every single piece go but a handful and expect progress. You have cap space and limited flexibility and we already have little to no depth. In today's NFL where injuries happen at an obnoxious rate you need depth so if you have someone solid you should probably hold onto them if possible.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Tone back in a heart beat, but not for the $ he's been getting paid.

I'd go 3 years 10.5 maybe
Old 02-18-2014   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
So about 70% of the team.. Interesting take

Your man... Pots and pans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yup gotta do what u gotta do a clean Purge the colts did it and there first year went like 11-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I don't believe the Colts turned over that much of their roster. They replaced poor QB play with very good QB play,
The Colts had 23 players who were on both the season ending 2011 roster and the opening day 2012 roster. That's 57% turnover. Obviously players on IR at the end of 2011 who were back at the beginning of 2012 could skew that percentage up a bit, but by almost anybody's definition, it was high turnover.

That said, Norg's list is ridiculous.

LINK
Old 02-17-2014   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173004 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Everybody has bad plays.

I didn't see average play out the guy. He had some bad coaches to overcome, but he worked hard and played hard.

Could we upgrade him? Sure we could.

But that doesn't change the fact that he's been a good player for us.
Does the same theory apply to #8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #17
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Does the same theory apply to #8?
You have a point.

I think Antonio would have to cut off his foot to compare the two.
Old 02-17-2014   #18
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, I could care less if he is not resigned, if he's kept cheap , alright if not oh we'll. "happy trails good sir"

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #19
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for Antonio to come back at the right price. Maybe something like Cak says.

I think Antonio is a good player to have on your football team. Brings some good attitude to that DLine. Plus he's a vet, and I expect us to be competing again very soon. Grab a real NT, and sign Antonio to a reasonable deal. The less holes come draft time the better.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #20
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to have him on board if he's cheap.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read