Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-08-2014   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pats rated as most "Disliked" NFL Franchise

Quote:
Success may make fans, but it may also make enemies. When asked which sports team Americans dislike the most from a list of six, the Yankees—with 27 World Series championships—come in first (16 percent), beating out current NBA champions the Miami Heat (14 percent), and NFL heavyweights the New England Patriots (13 percent). Bottoming out the list are the Boston Red Sox (9 percent), the Alabama Crimson Tide (8 percent), and the Duke Blue Devils (6 percent). Many Americans don’t have a strong dislike for any of these teams, however: 34 percent couldn’t pick a team they disliked most from this list.
http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2...rts-statistics
The six most disliked teams in the Vanity Fair Poll group were the Yankees, Heat, Pats, Red Sox, 'Bama (I presume football), & Duke Blue Devils (basketball).
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pats rated as most "Disliked" NFL Franchise

I think it's jealousy since they are always winning, which is why Texans are probably the most liked team
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid I'm going to have to Disgree. I don't dislike the Patriots, but LOATHE how Belecheat got a slap on the wrist for something that would have gotten OTHER coaches banned or at least suspended. To me the MOST hated team in Football shall always reside in north Texas.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to have to Disgree. I don't dislike the Patriots, but LOATHE how Belecheat got a slap on the wrist for something that would have gotten OTHER coaches banned or at least suspended. To me the MOST hated team in Football shall always reside in north Texas.
I dunno about that ? Use to be the cowboys & their fans bragged about being good which annoyed people, but that was 20 years ago. Now all they can do is brag and I'm thinkin people don't take them that seriously anymore.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I dunno about that ? Use to be the cowboys & their fans bragged about being good which annoyed people, but that was 20 years ago. Now all they can do is brag and I'm thinkin people don't take them that seriously anymore.
But...they won't shut up...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
But...they won't shut up...
True, especially on Facebook.

As for the Pats, success has something to do with it (though it's not like they have been winning a lot of Super Bowls lately), I think it's more the attitude that franchise puts off, especially between Belicheat, Brady and their snotty fans.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Mostly because they are cheaters.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2014   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Mostly because they are cheaters.
No...not for me...Santos has it right..I'm jealous as **** b/c they've been winning for a decade plus...In particular of Tom Brady...Talk about hitting the lotto in the "life" sweepstakes...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #9
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
No...not for me...Santos has it right..I'm jealous as **** b/c they've been winning for a decade plus...In particular of Tom Brady...Talk about hitting the lotto in the "life" sweepstakes...
Which makes me hate Colts more than the Patriots. I was assuming they would suck at least 3-4 years before they would at least find a decent quarterback. But no, they tank at the right time to get maybe another great quarterback after they just released their last one.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well, there's jealousy and hate. The two are intermingled when it comes to sports. I "hate" (am jealous) of teams that consistently do well. I "hate" the Steelers in this way, and always have. But there's nothing about the Steelers organization that actually makes me hate them. I'm just jealous.

The three aforementioned teams were unethical at best and more aptly labeled cheaters. So I hate that behavior, and therefore the team, especially because they had success doing it. The Steelers have my respect, even if I am jealous.
Old 01-08-2014   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Steinbrenner, LeBron, Belicheat...

How bad is Jerruh Jones? He's such a bad GM that his name is not in the Top 3 anymore. Losing makes him likeable, errr, laughable, errr, pitiful.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read